October 1 -new restrictions in dark red zones.

pontious

Back to fully vaccinated / negative test etc for high risk areas. Restaurants, Barber, Hair salon,s. I can eat  in my local restaurants, get my haircut for the next 24 days then need negative test blah bah blah.. That newspaper has details.

• Confused 1

Just another authoritarian health official muttering something for his 5 minutes of fame. Until confirmed, I would say the newspaper that can not be named is publishing fake news, OR it is already decided that from 1 October, there will be no more "dark red zones".

The Thai system of governmental decision making is based on the "two punches and a hug" philosophy. First they have some lowly gimp publicly announce a slightly draconian measure to be implemented. Then they have another slightly less lowly gimp announce an even more restrictive full-metal-jacket version of the draconian measure.  That's the two punches.

Then along comes the all seeing, all knowing PM who has tested customer feedback following the first two announcements and issues a decree that is usually less restrictive than either of the first two announcements or maybe in the middle somewhere.  That's the hug.

Just to add some controversy and switch the idiom a little, Trump was a master at this - but he used the "I only really want half a mile" philosophy.  His rhetoric implied he wanted ten miles, the explosive reaction from the media was that even going one mile was too far, so when Trump agrees to only half a mile, guess who won.

Edited by Gsxrnz