webfact

49 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Unless those steps to reopen are :

1. Drop COE

2. Drop Quarantine.

3. Drop Insurance demands.

4. Drop PCR tests.

Then they aint coming !

Exactly and before you do that make sure Thailand is safe enough to open entirely including all businesses and the schools where children and young people are missing their education

• Like 1

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Be happier if they forecast when the final step will be made and folk can walk in show there passport and vac certificate and be on their way without any more BS.....

I'd be happier when 100% of Thai residents get what was promised last year... VACCINATIONS

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Meanwhile back to reality on Phuket: 

Phuket’s health officials are sounding the alarm, saying that the COVID-19 pandemic on the island is approaching a critical level, with all the hospitals beds now 80% occupied and those remaining likely to be filled soon

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/phuket-hospitals-are-nearing-full-capacity-as-new-infections-surge/

????

But what does that have to do with jabbed foreign tourists?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I don't think there will be a global meltdown or a brain drain with Thai kids missing a few school terms.

Isaarn is not noted for its members of MENSA.

Nor is Liverpool, besides it’s not only Thai kids getting educated here, there are hundreds of international schools

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Nah,

I am not thin-skinned.

Heard them all before, water off a ducks back.

Good maybe get back to the topic of my post which was to open all businesses and schools in Thailand first. Then open up to to international tourists

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Meanwhile back to reality on Phuket: 

Phuket’s health officials are sounding the alarm, saying that the COVID-19 pandemic on the island is approaching a critical level, with all the hospitals beds now 80% occupied and those remaining likely to be filled soon

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/phuket-hospitals-are-nearing-full-capacity-as-new-infections-surge/

????

And who is surprised by this? No wonder, with most people having been vaccinated with Sinovac. According to the Bangkok Post, the antibodies produced from that vaccine half every 40 days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Unless those steps to reopen are :

1. Drop COE

2. Drop Quarantine.

3. Drop Insurance demands.

4. Drop PCR tests.

Then they aint coming !

I really cannot comprehend how TAT can talk of OPENING UP anything, while all these restrictions are kept in place. I have been waiting for quite some time to go to Europe (not only for 'pleasure') but with these restrictions (or 'silly rules'?), I just cannot. My visa renewal is in October and returning in December would mean 10 months Covid insurance, which would probably set me back US$1,000. I am fully vaccinated, I don't mind doing a PCR test on the way back (well, one to board the plane, one on arrival), if that is really deemed necessary but not all that other <deleted> too. Besides, even if 5 foreigners arrive daily with Covid19, surely that's not exactly putting millions of Thais at risk, considering the daily OFFICIAL numbers currently hover around 15,000. I feel like I am in prison, don't like that feeling much!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Step Four is the creation of travel bubbles with Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia and Cambodia between January 1st and 15th 2022.

Oh really!! What if one or all of these countries will not allow people to enter from Thailand????? Burma (Myanmar) comes to mind. Maybe for business people only to conduct cross border trade.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

Great plan Phiphat.

Now all you need are the Tourists.

With so few that are able / willing to travel, every Hotel, Restaurant and Shopping mall will be looking at having a single customer each per Day, ... if they are lucky, and many can see through this crud to not even bother opening their Business.

• Like 1

Looks like Step #2 for Bangkok and the four other provinces has now been put on hold

"Bangkok reopening plan delayed until most residents fully jabbed"

The plan to reopen Bangkok to fully vaccinated foreign tourists will likely be postponed by a month at least to ensure at least 70 per cent of people living in the capital and its adjacent provinces are fully jabbed first.

Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn said on Monday that the plan had been postponed from October 1, when Bangkok and four other provinces – Chiang Mai (Mueang, Mae Rim, Mae Taeng and Doi Tao), Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin), Phetchaburi (Cha-am) and Chonburi (Pattaya, Bang Lamung and Sattahip) – were scheduled to reopen.

He said the country should be fully reopened by January 15 if at least 70 per cent of the population has been fully vaccinated by the end of this year.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thai-destination/40005775

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks like Step # Bangkok has now been put on hold

"Bangkok reopening plan delayed until most residents fully jabbed"

The plan to reopen Bangkok to fully vaccinated foreign tourists will likely be postponed by a month at least to ensure at least 70 per cent of people living in the capital and its adjacent provinces are fully jabbed first.

Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn said on Monday that the plan had been postponed from October 1, when Bangkok and four other provinces – Chiang Mai (Mueang, Mae Rim, Mae Taeng and Doi Tao), Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin), Phetchaburi (Cha-am) and Chonburi (Pattaya, Bang Lamung and Sattahip) – were scheduled to reopen.

He said the country should be fully reopened by January 15 if at least 70 per cent of the population has been fully vaccinated by the end of this year.

https://www.nationthailand.com/thai-destination/40005775

WHAT!!!!!

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yep, another flip flop and things change hourly now, just like Phuket relaxing the PCR rule for domestic tourists on Day 5......I am sure there will be more twists and turns ahead.

Staff getting ready (even traveling back to BKK). Stock ordered, places cleaned and taken out of moth-balls.

Unbelievable 

Edited by Will B Good

4 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Staff getting ready (even traveling back to BKK). Stock ordered, places cleaned and taken out of moth-balls.

Unbelievable 

It is what frustrates the hell out of travelers who make plans in advance only to have to cancel them and either get screwed over or end up with a voucher and no money returned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is what frustrates the hell out of travelers who make plans in advance only to have to cancel them and either get screwed over or end up with a voucher and no money returned.

Seen a flip and a flop, even seen a flip flop flip.....but never a flip flop flip flop.