My visa stamp is under consideration ! Help

Hello I went to immigration 3 weeks ago and paid for 2 months extension in krabi immigration.  My stamp says  application of stay under consideration come back 31 August. And I am 6 days late , is it a big problem and should i worry about it ? Can you please help me? Thank you have a great day everyone 

Going for Covid Extention soon as Longstay Visa expiring and plan overseas working soon.

Have a maximum IO pkg.prepared, including Thai Son in House Blue Book, my own Yellow House Owner Book,Landowner POA, AZ Vax Cert. Will only provide what they ask for but it would be total bs for my case to be put “Under Consideration” surely ? Looking to come away with Covid Extn same day before Visa/ Extn. Expiry.

16 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Going for Covid Extention soon as Longstay Visa expiring and plan overseas working soon.

Have a maximum IO pkg.prepared, including Thai Son in House Blue Book, my own Yellow House Owner Book,Landowner POA, AZ Vax Cert. Will only provide what they ask for but it would be total bs for my case to be put “Under Consideration” surely ? Looking to come away with Covid Extn same day before Visa/ Extn. Expiry.

Whether you get your extension put under consideration has more to do with your immigration office than your particular case.  At some offices the procedure is to put all covid extensions under consideration.  At other offices people sometimes get their full extension of stay without being under consideration.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Whether you get your extension put under consideration has more to do with your immigration office than your particular case.  At some offices the procedure is to put all covid extensions under consideration.  At other offices people sometimes get their full extension of stay without being under consideration.  

I got another covid extension last week, I'm stamped in till 10th November, they ask me to wait half hour then brought the passport out with the extension stamp, 2 previous were under a 10 day consideration.they ask me would I be interested in a retirement visa.maybe the covid extensions might be on there way out.

40 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

I got another covid extension last week, I'm stamped in till 10th November, they ask me to wait half hour then brought the passport out with the extension stamp, 2 previous were under a 10 day consideration.they ask me would I be interested in a retirement visa.maybe the covid extensions might be on there way out.

Interesting.  I still think it mostly has to do with what procedures the particular immigration office is following, rather than a reaction to anything about your particular situation.  I can't explain why you were given a full extension (without being under consideration) the third time and not the first two times. 

Nobody believes the covid extensions are a permanent fixture for immigration and it's true that the current authorization for them expires on September 27.  However, it is widely expected (not guaranteed) that an announcement will be made closer to that date that the covid extensions will be extended further.  There's a theory (which may or may not be true) that covid extensions will continue to be extended until borders reopen.  However, it's sort of hard to see what has gotten better enough by September 27 so that covid extensions should no longer be offered.  Stay tuned for the answer sometime later this month.

As for encouraging you to formalize your long stay in Thailand via a retirement extension, that does I think have to do with your situation more than some office-wide policy.  I guess I would need to know more about what visa or extension of stay you were on before covid to understand why they mentioned retirement extension to you.  It's not necessarily a bad idea if you are age 50 or over and come from a country that will still do embassy income letters (i.e., other than US, UK, or Australia) and you have a qualifying income.  Something to consider, potentially much cheaper for you (1,900 for a year extension of stay rather than paying 1,900 for a series of 60 day extensions of stay), It seems to me they drew your attention to a potentially alternate and more stable way of staying long term in Thailand, rather than a coded warning that you will not get another covid extension.  But you were there, I wasn't so maybe I missed out on any cues that may have been given.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

As for why you had to wait for half an hour to get your covid extension, I suspect that had more to do with the authorized immigration officer wanting to wait until there are a certain number of covid extensions to sign off on all at once, rather than signing off on them as they become available.  Just a workflow policy for the benefit of the senior officer to the detriment of the applicant.  People in a bureaucracy tend to work according to what makes their lives easier not what makes your life easier.  I think that's more likely than that they had to think hard about whether to grant you a covid extension.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, skatewash said:

As for why you had to wait for half an hour to get your covid extension, I suspect that had more to do with the authorized immigration officer wanting to wait until there are a certain number of covid extensions to sign off on all at once, rather than signing off on them as they become available.  Just a workflow policy for the benefit of the senior officer to the detriment of the applicant.  People in a bureaucracy tend to work according to what makes their lives easier not what makes your life easier.  I think that's more likely than that they had to think hard about whether to grant you a covid extension.

Thanks for your detailed replies, I'm on a non o visa due to being married, I only ever stay in Thailand for 5 months a year then go back the UK as my job in construction is kept open.I was at korat immigration and there was only a handful of people there, very quiet, I've been here since January asq etc and would go back tomorrow to UK if no hoop jumping,first 2 times I got the covid extension they stamped me in from the time I applied not the date my extension expired, so I lost 3 weeks on the first one ????, this time they gave me to the 10th which was my expiry date.im thinking they wanted to give me time to get the 800,000 in the bank so it would of been in for 2 months. ? anyway cheers for the heads up .???? 

27 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

Thanks for your detailed replies, I'm on a non o visa due to being married, I only ever stay in Thailand for 5 months a year then go back the UK as my job in construction is kept open.I was at korat immigration and there was only a handful of people there, very quiet, I've been here since January asq etc and would go back tomorrow to UK if no hoop jumping,first 2 times I got the covid extension they stamped me in from the time I applied not the date my extension expired, so I lost 3 weeks on the first one ????, this time they gave me to the 10th which was my expiry date.im thinking they wanted to give me time to get the 800,000 in the bank so it would of been in for 2 months. ? anyway cheers for the heads up .???? 

My understanding of how the covid extension works:  You get 60 days from the date of application for the first one and from then on you should get your additional 60 days added on to when your extension expires.  In other words, after the first one you shouldn't lose any days by applying early for the following extensions.  Not sure that this is true in all cases, but I think that's the way it's supposed to work.

Applying for a regular 30 day extension on a visa-exempt entry or Tourist Visa is always added on to the end of when your current permission to stay expires.  Same for retirement extensions.  You never lose days by going to apply for the extension early.

2 hours ago, skatewash said:

My understanding of how the covid extension works:  You get 60 days from the date of application for the first one and from then on you should get your additional 60 days added on to when your extension expires.  In other words, after the first one you shouldn't lose any days by applying early for the following extensions.  Not sure that this is true in all cases, but I think that's the way it's supposed to work.

Applying for a regular 30 day extension on a visa-exempt entry or Tourist Visa is always added on to the end of when your current permission to stay expires.  Same for retirement extensions.  You never lose days by going to apply for the extension early.

Was you aware that if your married your wife has to be present to sign papers, you can't just get it by yourself, made a problem for me as my wife is in quarentine at the moment through a work bubble and they weren't going to give me this extension until they spoke to her, then my lease run out that day aswell, turned into a bit of a nightmare, definitely last one for me.

5 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

Was you aware that if your married your wife has to be present to sign papers, you can't just get it by yourself, made a problem for me as my wife is in quarentine at the moment through a work bubble and they weren't going to give me this extension until they spoke to her, then my lease run out that day aswell, turned into a bit of a nightmare, definitely last one for me.

Yes.  There are a number of things I don't like about the marriage extension, wife has to be present to sign papers at your extension of stay application, home visits (potentially), having to make two trips to immigration to get the extension (first for the application and then return to get the extension after the month-long under consideration period).  Oh, and I'm not married either so I imagine the whole thing would be awkward to say the least. ????

I do like the 50% off deal, though, compared to the retirement extension. ????

3 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Yes.  There are a number of things I don't like about the marriage extension, wife has to be present to sign papers at your extension of stay application, home visits (potentially), having to make two trips to immigration to get the extension (first for the application and then return to get the extension after the month-long under consideration period).  Oh, and I'm not married either so I imagine the whole thing would be awkward to say the least. ????

I do like the 50% off deal, though, compared to the retirement extension. ????

I meant just to get the 60 day covid extension , not the married extension, she has to be there for the covid one, if anyone reads this and there married and going to get a 60 covid extension don't forget to take the wife with you ..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

I meant just to get the 60 day covid extension , not the married extension, she has to be there for the covid one, if anyone reads this and there married and going to get a 60 covid extension don't forget to take the wife with you ..

Ah, that I didn't know.  But kind of makes sense because most places have your wife sign a consent form if you change from a marriage extension to a retirement extension.  So wouldn't be surprised if your wife had to be there for the first covid extension (as you're leaving the marriage extension and going on to a covid extension).  It would seem strange though if she had to be there for every covid extension after that.

10 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Ah, that I didn't know.  But kind of makes sense because most places have your wife sign a consent form if you change from a marriage extension to a retirement extension.  So wouldn't be surprised if your wife had to be there for the first covid extension (as you're leaving the marriage extension and going on to a covid extension).  It would seem strange though if she had to be there for every covid extension after that.

She has to fill the same page of declarations each time, submit a signed copy of her I.d. card, and tabian baan each time,  that's were I had the problem because she's in quarentine,  I had a copy but it wasn't signed, it felt like they were doing me the biggest favour in the world by letting it go. Nevermind it's done now, onwards and upwards..????

• Like 1