Thailand to procure 200 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines next year

snoop1130

13 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

"Announcing" something seems to be Thailand's strength.

And they rank well with "plans".

Where they fall flat is on "execution".

But yea, other than that they're brilliant.

They're quite good at executions too..... especially extra-legal ones.

13 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

"Announcing" something seems to be Thailand's strength.

And they rank well with "plans".

Where they fall flat is on "execution".

But yea, other than that they're brilliant.

I personally believe they are doing very well on the "execution" side.

People are dropping like flies from total lack of care.

Procure 200milj doses for next year ??? They need them this year they work quit well against the delta variant . If they order them next year for mutations who knows they will not even work against the new mutations so what's the use of ordering them for next year . My geuss will be they will order 200milj doses of aztra , sputnik , and pfizer and then pfizer will ne the only one that will work against a new variant and all the others will be useless so money thrown away . They should order what they can get now and that works against delta and then in the mean time the big pharma's and such will come up with new vaccines for new variants so when those new vaccines come Thailand should be on time ordering the new ones and will not be as far behind as they where this time. 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

It's funny.  A lot of foreigners somehow take a view that only government, bureaucrats, police, army, hi-so, teachers, etc., display any of the corrupt, elitist, deceptive features of Thai society, while there is a huge group of "innocent" Thais who have nothing to do with it.

We only have one pot of black paint and one paint brush. It's being spread as thin as possible so as not to appear selfish.????

I can see the sense of ordering some buffer supplies of vaccine in preparation for potential booster shots (assuming the first round of full vaccination does actually get completed). The exact number required being a little bit of a moving feast given the limited data available on vaccine fade. But better to over estimate what’s required rather than under estimate. And there are a known number of sinovac double jabbed people who probably need an additional jab, so that a known quantity to cater for.

but I wonder if it’s wise to pre order a ton of stuff to cater for future mutations? They say that is one of the reasons for this large order. But at this point the precise characteristics of future mutations are an unknown. Pre delta, sinovac was viewed as possibly on a par with other vaccines and perhaps more safe because it used the traditional delivery method of inactivated virus particles. The advent of delta changed that perception considerably.

I hope that they don’t blow their wad all in one go and all on only 1/2 vaccines. A range of existing vaccines in stock plus the ability to move swiftly for whatever vaccine subsequently proves most efficacious against a future mutation, may be the best strategy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

From October 1 you however will be required to be double jabbed to use them, if you are in dark red zone.

Well we have over 3 weeks yet to see if that becomes the case.  The restrictions for dark-red could also be changed before that, there seems to be a sense of may be ending the state of emergency and the tenure of the CCSA. 

I should be double jabbed in a couple of days anyhow.

Too many restaurants complain the 8pm closure is no use to them so expect leniency. 

Procurement of 200 million doses in 2022 for a population of 70 million people, of which no more than 50 million will ever be vaccinated. That is enough for 4 boosters per person in only one year. Are they planning to resell it for a profit, or make Thailand the worlds holiday-hub for vaccine-tourists? 

• Like 1

So, Thailand on the footpath of Israel... ????

Despite (or because of?) vaccinations, numbers will very likely go up after the 2nd shot, and similar to drug addicts, vaccine takers will require to get their subscription shots every 4-6 months, next to the 2x-daily Pfizer pills the company is currently preparing, and of course - due to sheer mathematical reasons! - every time injectionists receive one of these shots, the likelihood having to experience one of the adverse effects is increasing significantly. ???? Tell me when I'm wrong.

Of course none of the media scientists, journalists, politicians etc. are saying that - neither in Thailand, nor anywhere else.

Why doesn't Thailand take the alternative, more rational route, like governments did in Sweden, and soon Denmark, Poland, Hungary, Romania, plus on top: do the sensible thing and promote healthy nutrition, exercise, healthy living? Next to 'classic' and traditional approaches not involving mrna vaccines. This wouldn't seem to make any negative difference, but is even likely to help to reach 'real' herd immunity.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xonax said:

Procurement of 200 million doses in 2022 for a population of 70 million people, of which no more than 50 million will ever be vaccinated. That is enough for 4 boosters per person in only one year. Are they planning to resell it for a profit, or make Thailand the worlds holiday-hub for vaccine-tourists? 

Just where are all these jabs coming from? Pfizer is coming out with the pills and booster jabs. Do you think it is a good time to buy some shares in Pfizer? or wait for the Chinese copies to crush them?

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

There are millions waiting to get the first vaccine and here they are talking about 200 million boosters next year

I agree.My son is 15..he get his vaccine yeaterday here in norway.Phizer.Thailand allways talk about next month or next year.

39 minutes ago, pepi2005 said:

So, Thailand on the footpath of Israel... ????

Despite (or because of?) vaccinations, numbers will very likely go up after the 2nd shot, and similar to drug addicts, vaccine takers will require to get their subscription shots every 4-6 months, next to the 2x-daily Pfizer pills the company is currently preparing, and of course - due to sheer mathematical reasons! - every time injectionists receive one of these shots, the likelihood having to experience one of the adverse effects is increasing significantly. ???? Tell me when I'm wrong.

Of course none of the media scientists, journalists, politicians etc. are saying that - neither in Thailand, nor anywhere else.

Why doesn't Thailand take the alternative, more rational route, like governments did in Sweden, and soon Denmark, Poland, Hungary, Romania, plus on top: do the sensible thing and promote healthy nutrition, exercise, healthy living? Next to 'classic' and traditional approaches not involving mrna vaccines. This wouldn't seem to make any negative difference, but is even likely to help to reach 'real' herd immunity.

If a military is on power, he just calculate the collateral damage of life lost which is actually official around +-1% of all cases.

The rest get nature immunity and so, they don't need to buy vaccine to get herd immunity. That is what I call a cold vaccination plan.

Additional did you not read the plan from the Health Minister Anutin?

We reach August phase 5, September phase 4, October phase 3, November phase 2, December phase 1 and from January 2022 Thailand is covid free.  For what do they need all that vaccines?

With all respect to your thoughts about side effect, but in the moment there is nothing better than that vaccines. And please, there is no chip from Gates or any else in the jab.

6 minutes ago, pizzachang said:

64 million = the population.

200 million additional "doses".

64 million x 2 = 128 million.

200 - 128 = 72 million extra doses

Plus the millions of doses already administered = too many questions.

The rest is for the new holiday with vaccination plan for the tourist,

but it is top secret up to know. Maybe other countries would copy

30 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Just where are all these jabs coming from? Pfizer is coming out with the pills and booster jabs. Do you think it is a good time to buy some shares in Pfizer? or wait for the Chinese copies to crush them?

It is always good to invest into a pharma ETF. There is never a bad economy for them.

• Like 1

Did anybody tell these people that the vast majority of Thai people do not want Asstra Zeneca or the Chinese soup.  They want Pfizer or Moderna.  They are waiting for that.   When will these corrupt folks give up their backhanders long enough for the country to regain its health?

And Sputnik?  Christ, who are these people kidding?

Edited by Joules
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Joules said:

Did anybody tell these people that the vast majority of Thai people do not want Asstra Zeneca or the Chinese soup.  They want Pfizer or Moderna.  They are waiting for that.   When will these corrupt folks give up their backhanders long enough for the country to regain its health?

It is never good if the population can read and write. Look 500 years back, how easy the catholic church could lead the people from the pulpit.

Seems that the responsible think themselves Thailand is a flat earth, which then would explain also many other things here, where we western have the lag of knowledge in Thai science and law of nature, if true.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

My post bit off topic. Hoping someone can confirm or clarify.

The gf is telling me that just now that Bumrungrad is offering Moderna for alternative 2nd jab.

It's on their net page. 

I would not mind to pay the 20-30$ for a real vaccine, so long as the injection procedure around will not cost 200$ on top for Farang. 

1 hour ago, pizzachang said:

64 million = the population.

200 million additional "doses".

64 million x 2 = 128 million.

200 - 128 = 72 million extra doses

Plus the millions of doses already administered = too many questions.

Soon gunna be needing a 3rd shot of the jungle juice so thats 64 million x 3 = 192 million.... leaving the remaining 8 million for breakages and spillages.