Cambodia vaccinates 70.57 percent of its total population against COVID-19

geovalin

The Cambodian Ministry of Health announced that since the vaccination campaign against COVID-19 commenced on February 10 this year, it has successfully vaccinated 70.57 percent of its more than 16 million population. As of Monday, September 6, the number of people who have received at least one dose of the vaccine stood at 11,291,465, of which females accounted for 5,675,896.

Of these, the total number who have been fully vaccinated with both doses of COVID-19 vaccines stands at 9,001,123, of whom, females accounted for 4,513,474. The 11.29 million people vaccinated includes vaccination of adolescents aged 12 to 17. They accounted for 1,683,489 nationwide.

Of this, 561,893 have been fully vaccinated with both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, of whom females accounted for 280,550. Cambodia is determined to fully vaccinate its people and achieve herd immunity of at least 80 percent of its total population if not higher by end of September while full vaccination and administration of booster doses are expected to run into mid-2022.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50930522/cambodia-vaccinates-70-57-percent-of-its-total-population-against-covid-19/

• Like 2

Fortunately Cambodia was proactive and signed up to the COVAX scheme early. Along with associated medical supplies, the Royal Government was able to instigate a comprehensive vaccination program throughout the country, albeit much smaller than Thailand. I recently had my first free jab but not the vaccine I would have preferred, however it is better than nothing and I now possess my vaccination card (very similar to a bank plastic ATM card) to indicate I have been vaccinated.

For reference:-

"On the evening of 2nd March (2021) .................. Cambodia had just made history as one of the first countries in the world to receive vaccines through the COVAX Facility"

https://www.unicef.org/cambodia/stories/cambodia-worlds-first-countries-receive-covax-vaccines

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information