alcohol selling times

chang50

10 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Quite possible..................................... hands up from me though if I am wrong - in Bang Saray we have no such restriction as far as I am aware.

Being in a deep red zone, tecnically you do, no alcohol between 5pm and 4 am means the only legal time is between 11am and 2pm.

2 hours ago, LennyW said:

Being in a deep red zone, tecnically you do, no alcohol between 5pm and 4 am means the only legal time is between 11am and 2pm.

This is correct I reckon...why I was told 1pm is just one of those lost in translation episodes.

As for buying from a mom and pop store it's ok if they are selling a lot, the one in my soi I bought a couple of bottles the other week it had gone off, I was thinking to give them some support Ive got a makro 2km away I buy from there 

On 9/8/2021 at 7:58 AM, LennyW said:

Being in a deep red zone, technically you do, no alcohol between 5pm and 4 am means the only legal time is between 11am and 2pm.

Lenny, I haven't seen that additional restriction listed anywhere (and I have tried searching) - do you have a reference point?

AFAIK 7-11 alcohol selling times are 11.00 - 14.00 and 17.00 to Midnight.................... only further restricted by the deep red zone closure at 20.00.

Could it be an additional restriction imposed by the Rayong governor?

• Like 1

This is another of those many ridiculous laws. Initially the doctrine was to keep the children away from alcohol !!!!!

00h00 - 11h00 No booze
11h00 - 14h00 as much as you want
14h00 - 17h00 no booze again
17h00 - 24h00 (or curfew) carry on the good work on the bottles

Now, my question (in relation to protecting kids from the bad, bad alcohol) is, when is school and lunch break and when is school over. Go figure .......... 

• Thanks 1