Is it possible to take the bus to Bangkok now without quarantining for 14 days? 

GoGet

Hi there,

GoGet here.

I want to go to Bangkok and order a new passport because my old one is full and  then I want to get out again.

At the moment I stay in Phetchabun. I was wondering if it is possible to take the bus to Bangkok now without quarantining for 14 days? 

The bus recently started operating again. But how does it work?

You can get on the bus but if you get off the bus at the bus station in Bangkok there are some guys in white overalls waiting for you there to test you and quarantine you?

Or is the passage clear?

Alternatively, can I take the bus to Wang Noi and then take a taxi the last 30 km to Bangkok?

• Haha 2

There is NO inter provincial restrictions, I took the bus to Mochit bus station from Issan over the weekend and there is was no one waiting for me in white overalls wanting to test me or to quarantining me...where did you hear that?. The bus station was actually deserted as there is only a limited number of bus companies that are operational and no one on them.

The only issue is going back to Phetchabun from Bangkok and if anybody where you live has to be quarantined for 14 days as its better to check.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, GoGet said:

What is the obstacle when returning?

Cannot board the bus? Please provide more details.

Bangkok is in dark red zone, and normally, you will have a quarantine when you come back to Petchabun; that's what I  got when returning from BKK two months ago ( but I don't live in Petchabun )