Hotel chief slams Hua Hin Recharge - urges province to open to domestic rather than foreign tourists

webfact

I agree!

Problem you need to be vaccinated and its difficult to get up in Issan.

Not talking about Chinese vaccines.  

I'm getting Pfeizer this weekend but my wife will have to wait until Moderna arrives in October.

Like many Thais, she doesn't want Sinovac or Sinopharm.

What's a holiday without going out for a nice dinner.

If vaccine's are mandatory you need to vaccinate married couples.

I don't want to dine alone.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 2

They're too busy trying to keep COVID out when the reality is that it's already here and it's everywhere.

They should just open the airport again and be done with it.

Having said that, hardly anyone would come which is I suspect the real reason why they don't open up and strict entry controls are in place.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

But he said that expecting foreigners to arrive in droves on October 1st and spend 1.2 billion baht was completely unrealistic

But it's Phipats dream... at least someone in the industry knows what is really needed.

Domestic tourism with vaccinated customers...

Not pie in the sky international prisoners.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

ASEAN NOW notes that there has been widespread criticism that the Phuket Sandbox has only benefited some large hotels and businesses and that the money from what tourists there have been has not filtered down to smaller enterprises.

Yep got that right.

4 hours ago, samtam said:

I'm not sure how one defines "opened up". As far as I know, Hua Hin is open to domestic visitors already. Two friends went at the weekend, and stayed in an hotel. AFAIK they have only had one jab.

Quite so. I spent last weekend at a large hotel there - having driven down from Bangkok - and no one ever asked about my single AZ shot or indicated that it was an issue. I'm not sure how much more "open" to domestic visitors it could be.

• Like 1