Renewal of Retirement Extension

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes. Changed.

The 3-day rule has been rescinded. You can go "not more than 45 days before" now.

I went (this week) ~ 28 days before my extension expired. No problem.

Wonderful!  Thanks for this information.

20 minutes ago, JTS said:

My retirement extension expired on 26 September; I obtained a 1-year extension at Chaengwattana, Bangkok, today, very smooth process, in at 11:35, out at 12:00.

You may as well give a report. 

What did you provide? 

Use money in bank method? 

Obtain bank letter at CW? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ombra said:

What did they require from the bank? The usual letter, a statement of the account, and photocopies of all (?) the pages of the bank book?

That depends upon the office you apply at.

Some want a copy of every page of you bank book and/or a one year bank statement to prove you kept 800/400k baht in the bank before topping up the account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ombra said:

What did they require from the bank? The usual letter, a statement of the account, and photocopies of all (?) the pages of the bank book?

Which method will you be using? 800K? Monthly income/transfers?

18 hours ago, JTS said:

in at 11:35, out at 12:00.

Impressive. I went this week and had to wait ~ 50 minutes from payment to passport return. But there may have been some issues with personnel that day? Many staff/IOs coming and going, all with fresh bandaids on their arms, so maybe a blood drive or mandatory testing (antibody?) of some type? There were fewer than 15 people in the "L" desk area, and I had number L1-03.

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Use money in bank method? 

Obtain bank letter at CW?

Yes, I used the money in an SCB fixed deposit account opened 16 months ago.

SCB no longer has a branch at Chaengwattana. I obtained the bank letter elsewhere in Bangkok not close to CW also yesterday morning.

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Which method will you be using? 800K? Monthly income/transfers?

Impressive. I went this week and had to wait ~ 50 minutes from payment to passport return. But there may have been some issues with personnel that day? Many staff/IOs coming and going, all with fresh bandaids on their arms, so maybe a blood drive or mandatory testing (antibody?) of some type? There were fewer than 15 people in the "L" desk area, and I had number L1-03.

I use the 800K method and only withdraw the interest, so book shows that the deposit has never dipped below 800k.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ombra said:

I gave them an SCB bank letter and a copy of the main deposit account passbook page and just page 1 (the only page used so far). No transactions after last year’s extension other than depositing ฿ 1,000 yesterday.