summary: on-line 90-day report showing overdue or "Please contact ..." when you are actually up to date -- both PC and Android

I'm posting here because this particular problem is getting buried in the main on-line 90-day thread. 

I have used the on-line 90-day report many times -- this is not a frustrated with technology post. 

Both my visa (stay extended at CW for one year in July) and my most recent 90-day report (filed in June) are valid.

This week (within the 15 day before expiration period) on-line reporting fails on both: 

• PC, with the "Please contact your local office" popup.  Refresh / different computer / different browser does not fix.
  • Android app: it tells me I'm late as of when my last extension would have expired (but I did extend at CW -- stamped in passport).

My understanding is that:

• this is happening to many folks because extensions of stay were not posted into the Immigration computer properly (at CW?  sometimes?  always?)
  • this cannot be fixed by telephone to CW,
  • one can report by mail instead (but the response may take weeks),
  • one can report in person at CW Muong Thong Thani or 
  • one can send a representative with passport, and the current and new 90-day forms to CW Muong Thong Thani as usual -- no face-to-face needed to fix this particular problem.

Can anybody please either correct or confirm this understanding?  

Thanks,

-- Retiree

Edited by retiree
clarified location = MTT and ordinary representative procedure

This looks accurate to me, you can send an agent or hire a line man with a power of attorney if you don't want to go yourself.

All legal and i usually just send the motorbike driver next to our condo... and yeah, it's a bit dangerous as he could steal my passport but whatever.

There was a recent post by a amember that went to CW to do his annual extension and was told to complete a TM47 to do his report early to fix the problem of the system incorrectly showing people as being on a overstay.

I would assume it could be the same if you went to Muang Thong Thani to do your report in person.

Edit: Post is here. 

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

Clarified original post:  yes, Muong Thong Thani.  And yes, I've used motorcycle reps in the past, no problems (to be fair, I've known the guy & his wife and kids for 25 years).  

Ubonjoe, you seem to be confirming that however it is filed, a timely TM47 report (accompanied by a stamped passport, of course) will fix their system.  Have I got this right?

5 minutes ago, retiree said:

Ubonjoe, you seem to be confirming that however it is filed, a timely TM47 report (accompanied by a stamped passport, of course) will fix their system.  Have I got this right?

That is what immigration at CW has told people applying for extensions.

I assume the report would have to be done in person at MTT and probably not by somebody else.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, retiree said:

Clarified original post:  yes, Muong Thong Thani.  And yes, I've used motorcycle reps in the past, no problems (to be fair, I've known the guy & his wife and kids for 25 years).  

In my case it was not the annual extension that caused my issue.

I successfully did online report AFTER extension renewal. 

I then did an in person. For memory the online system was down or I was rejected can't recall. Next report tried online. No go! 

Did another in person and described my problem. The io (nice guy good English) didn't have a care just the usual "not my problem" god bless em.

It's an issue and some folk keep saying it's not. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Ok, that's a question for the crowd then:

Has anybody who could not file an on-line 90-day report because of the erroneous "overstay" bug been able to use a representative to do it?   

Has anybody who sent a representative been told to come back in person?

Thanks,

-- Retiree

6 minutes ago, retiree said:

Why would it need to be done in person. Provided it's not your first ever report and it's not past the report time frame...14 pre 6 post due date....why can't a representative do the report. 

The main thing they wish to see is previous report receipt and pp of course.

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, retiree said:

Has anybody who could not file an on-line 90-day report because of the erroneous "overstay" bug been able to use a representative to do it?   

Yes.

5 minutes ago, retiree said:

No.

Sent trusted motorcy driver to MTT, armed with PoA. PoA not asked for, report accepted. Paid driver 500 baht. 

• Thanks 1

For the third time since reporting in person shortly after extension the online and app failed for me. I get the same overstay notice. The IO at Muang Thong, when I did the report in person, stated I would be able to do online but he was wrong. There is still a problem for some people.

• Like 1

Previously, for me, filing in person at MTT did NOT resolve my inability to file online (web or app).

Hopefully this new filing (an out-of-cycle TM47) at CW when doing my annual extension resolves the issue; that's what we were told when the staff were handing out TM47's in the "L" desk waiting area this week. Completed it in a minute or two, and then gave to the IO during the application process. A few minutes later staff walked out and handed me my new 90 day next report date slip, due again in 90 days. (My passport and bank books came ~ 45 minutes later.)

I'll tell you if it works for me in ~ 75 days.

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Sent trusted motorcy driver to MTT, armed with PoA. PoA not asked for, report accepted. Paid driver 500 baht

Serious comment/question from me.

I can't believe this type of service is not far more widely used. 

500baht is nothing for most farang for this service.

Yes I realize possible by mail (method I use) and also online for the chosen ones...

Does your mojo guy pick up and drop off pp. Never used one. Very ignorant re this service.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Does your mojo guy pick up and drop off pp.

Yes, of course.

Passport, TM47, old slip, PoA, plus a bunch of extra stuff (TM6, TM30, google maps with lon and lat, passport copies, current ext stay, most recent entry stamp) which may or may not be required. But better to send him with extra stuff.

We did this for an elderly neighbor, was done in a pinch. We've now got him on the mail-in program, although I still try to do it online for him (and fail).

I would be hesitant to hand my passport over to someone whom I did not know well. And even it's risky - say he has an accident, poof your passport is lost (probably).

We looked into other messenger services - there are a lot that would do this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, retiree said:

Previously, when online not working, my wife did it for me and a friend, no problem. I had already filled out the Tm 47 form. You can download from this site.

At present I have the same problem. It appears they have not updated my visa extension. Says permit end 2/9/2021, although I have updated it last month to 2/9/2022, which is shown on my passport.

My 90 day is not due till the 22/9/2021, but i like to do it early on line in case of problems haha.

I shall try and sort it out next week.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

We looked into other messenger services - there are a lot that would do this.

Thanks for that info.

I'm just about resigned to mail in.

However have found that by using B4 envelopes that immigration return all my photocopies and new blank TM47. Has worked fine last few. 

Already have all in envelop for next trip to post office.

5 minutes ago, elfpattaya said:

My 90 day is not due till the 22/9/2021, but i like to do it early on line in case of problems haha.

I shall try and sort it out next week.

Next time try online 14 days prior to due date.

When it doesn't work post required info and all done. The mail in needs to be done ~ 15 days prior to due date.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is what immigration at CW has told people applying for extensions.

I assume the report would have to be done in person at MTT and probably not by somebody else.

I had no problems at first then system seem to went down ..so had to do in person .at Pattaya then next 90day had problems.seems to be they don't update there system.so had to Go again jontien .then next one on line went through ok....but my friend did the same process as me and his dint work online .so really no ryme no Reason...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The mail in needs to be done ~ 15 days prior to due date.

A bit rich of CW/MTT to continue insisting on this particular requirement, I think, given that you are then expected to wait weeks and weeks for the return notification to show up in the post, thanks to their bungling incompetence and ineptitude!

Most provincial offices permit snail mail reports to be received at their end up until the due date inclusive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

A bit rich of CW/MTT to continue insisting on this particular requirement, I think, given that you are then expected to wait weeks and weeks for the return notification to show up in the post, thanks to their bungling incompetence and ineptitude!

Most provincial offices permit snail mail reports to be received at their end up until the due date inclusive.

Yes agree. 

As the saying goes....it is what it is.

My report was just returned few days ago. So with the 15 before due date it took 6+ weeks all up.

I'm sort of used to it now and when I receive the receipt I just placed all the photocopies in new B4 envelop with filled in TM47. 

Good that imm returns your copies and new TM47 so yes agree PITA but I will go quietly.

• Like 1

Following the renewal of my O visa in February this year I have had the report to your immigration office  message and  also a sort of implication that my report was a year overdue. I say sort of because for a fraction of a second a 90 day report made the year before appeared and then blinked out of existence.

. Following these online failures my visits to immigration resulted in their computer happily  and immedìatly printing out my new 90 day reports. My immigration office is in Prachuap Kirikhan.  A very efficient office.It would seem that the problem is widespread rather than just local and most probably not a failure to enter details correctly when a visa is renewed but more a programming error that lurks somewhere within the bowls of the system.

8 minutes ago, john smith said:

.........and most probably not a failure to enter details correctly when a visa is renewed but more a programming error that lurks somewhere within the bowls of the system.

For sure it's nothing to do with entering details incorrectly. 

Some folk think that once a report is done in person that the online goes out of wack. The explanation I have been given is that they are 2 separate systems of registering reports. The in person report details are uploaded (entered) to the online data base. If that isn't done then online report is not possible.

Some immigration offices do enter the data and some don't.

NOTE: This is explanation that I have been feed. I take it over the reason being extension renewal since I did my online successfully after new extension.

I have walked away from my online relationship. Sure she was wonderful but unreliable.

My new partner AKA "via mail".....is slow and very unresponsive but she always comes through. Costs under 50baht and you get free exercise to post office and I feel important when i get mail addressed to ME at my condo.

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The explanation I have been given is that they are 2 separate systems of registering reports. The in person report details are uploaded (entered) to the online data base. If that isn't done then online report is not possible.

Some immigration offices do enter the data and some don't.

I am convinced that my immigration officer does not enter my data--and her failure to do so is intentional.  She charges 60 baht to process a TM47 that is submitted via a representative.  Since no receipt is given, I assume this fee is not entered into any official accounts bookkeeping.  The officer knows I always send a rep with my TM47, so she has no incentive to update my record on the online database.

• Like 1