Hunt on for tiger killing 2 buffaloes near Thailand’s Pang Sida national park

snoop1130

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijMh1SGjDUuB8W5gAzrgcLUTxzzx0c-768x576.jpg

Photo from Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation

The Pang Sida national park, in Thailand’s eastern province of Sa Kaeo, has launched a hunt for a tiger which has killed two buffaloes in the past week weeks.

The park’s chief, said today (Thursday) that three teams of trackers and hunters have been deployed, working with officials from the Dong Phayayen-Khao Yai Wildlife Research Centre, to patrol villages located close to the park in the search for the tiger, which may return to prey on domesticated animals.

He admitted that it is not unusual for wild animals, such as tigers, to stray out of their habitat in search for food because of the increase in their population, resulting in a fight for territory and sustenance.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/hunt-on-for-tiger-killing-2-buffaloes-near-thailands-pang-sida-national-park/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

that three teams of trackers and hunters have been deployed,

What are these hunters going to do when they find the Tiger .... 

the Tiger must have been hungry , so you cannot really blame

the Tiger ,I just hope they are planning to kill it.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He admitted that it is not unusual for wild animals, such as tigers, to stray out of their habitat in search for food because of the increase in their population, resulting in a fight for territory and sustenance.

Tigers doing what tigers do... find an easy meal.

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

What are these hunters going to do when they find the Tiger .... 

the Tiger must have been hungry , so you cannot really blame

the Tiger ,I just hope they are planning to kill it.

regards worgeordie

Why do you want them to kill it ? Not many left now due to human population growth.

"He admitted that it is not unusual for wild animals, such as tigers, to stray out of their habitat in search for food because of the increase in their population, resulting in a fight for territory and sustenance."

That's what worries me : increase in their population, which is good, but  not enough place for their territory ans sustenance ; what will happen if there are more and more tigers ? 

The authorities should give them more space, expand the park, but is it possible ? 

11 minutes ago, Aforek said:

"He admitted that it is not unusual for wild animals, such as tigers, to stray out of their habitat in search for food because of the increase in their population, resulting in a fight for territory and sustenance."

That's what worries me : increase in their population, which is good, but  not enough place for their territory ans sustenance ; what will happen if there are more and more tigers ? 

The authorities should give them more space, expand the park, but is it possible ? 

What happens if there are more tigers.. the tigers move into human territory as the wild parks are limited. Can they expand space, no space is getting less and less because of farmers encroaching on national parks. 

So it will end with death of tigers who stray into the human world. 

It seems like it is mostly older tigers that can not hunt in the wild any more resort to

killing livestock or dogs etc.

Maybe chased from the territory by a stronger one,they only come near people when there is no other choice.

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Getting older so sometimes make mistakes, they should NOT kill the Tiger.

regards Worgeordie

I kind of thought that, having read many of your posts and like what you write.

I see many others have picked up on it - I agree, getting old is a real sh*t and I too make many mistakes.

Haha