Vax experience, HuaHin, Pfizer

RocketDog

i recently had vax 2 Pfizer.  No side affects at all after both of the injections, just a stiff arm for a couple of days.

you will get a certificate after the 2nd, there is a QR code on it, that is where your Green Certificate can be found.

• Thanks 2

I also am very grateful for the first Pfizer vaccination i had on Wednesday.

No blood pressure taken before or after but i was given the date exactly 3 weeks for my second vaccination. 

Slight pain in my arm and felt slight nausea but nothing to bad.

Bit like waiting fora acid trip to kick in but nothing happens(so i have been told)

All good thanks very much to the Americans for providing this vaccine almost makes up for all the years of bad remakes of our tv shows...joking very grateful and my wife is the same hoping for a good vaccine rather than the sinovac cocktail. 

• Haha 2

Had very satisfactory experience at MedPark. Received second Pfizer on the 5th of September. More people there than at first jab, but all was quick and orderly and was out in 45 minutes or so. Still have an occasional twinge in the arm where I received the vaccination, but no significant side effects.

Mrs. Shrdlu is holding out for the Moderna vaccine since she has little faith in Chinese-made ones or locally-made Astra Zenica. Hope Moderna arrives at Sukhumvit Hospital soon.

16-year-old daughter just completed registration for Pfizer at MedPark via her school as part of the Thai government's plan to vaccinate schoolchildren.

Situation is improving bit by bit.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Bit like waiting fora acid trip to kick in but nothing happens(so i have been told)

55555. I have also 'been told' about this several times as well. The action starts after you barf.

No nausea from the jab in this case so all is well. The only trip I look forward to is the second injection.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Had very satisfactory experience at MedPark. Received second Pfizer on the 5th of September. More people there than at first jab, but all was quick and orderly and was out in 45 minutes or so. Still have an occasional twinge in the arm where I received the vaccination, but no significant side effects.

Mrs. Shrdlu is holding out for the Moderna vaccine since she has little faith in Chinese-made ones or locally-made Astra Zenica. Hope Moderna arrives at Sukhumvit Hospital soon.

16-year-old daughter just completed registration for Pfizer at MedPark via her school as part of the Thai government's plan to vaccinate schoolchildren.

Situation is improving bit by bit.

Thanks, Good to hear.

The situation is improving slowly. It's good to know so many farang are getting treated.

My Lady heard a rumor from her sister in Phuket that Pfizer is being offered to Thai nationals instead of sinovac/AZ but at a cost. Approximately 4,000 ฿ for two injections. That's good news /bad news.

If that's offered here I'm happy to get Pfizer for her. Otherwise she will just wait and stay safe until it is.

• Like 1

To the OP, that's very interesting.  I also live in Hua Hin and successfully registered on the "expatvac" website (with no subsequent rejection email like some posters on previous threads).  I registered 10 days before you on Aug 14 and have received absolutely nothing from anyone (email or otherwise) following my registration confirmation.   I am 63 years old with no medical conditions.

Oh well, luck of the draw I guess.  That said, I think those giving praise to the gov't and/or hospitals once they have become one of the "chosen ones" is a bit much.  Especially considering examples like this one.

• Thanks 1

Had Pfizer #2 yesterday... zero effects after first jab... my arm is a bit sore after 2nd but today, no fever, and my arm is ok...

and even after the first, my dystopian mood turned more positive.. maybe these days of covid will pass - or ease up. We did lose a family member to covid in Bkk... 

• Thanks 1

After having the first vaccine on Wednesday and the mighty Ronaldo is returning tonight to Man utd would it be wise to have a few leo's .

Not a heavy drinker but i am partial to a few beers while watching the football. 

Also hope the pfizer vaccine is available for Thai nationals. 

• Like 1

OP, I've been double vaxxed and it is a great relief ... but I still stick to the basics as well.

However I have returned to the gym since opening here, because you have to be 2x vaxxed, tested or validate recovery to get in and numbers are still restricted.

But generally speaking it feels like being reborn ...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JKfarang said:

To the OP, that's very interesting.  I also live in Hua Hin and successfully registered on the "expatvac" website (with no subsequent rejection email like some posters on previous threads).  I registered 10 days before you on Aug 14 and have received absolutely nothing from anyone (email or otherwise) following my registration confirmation.   I am 63 years old with no medical conditions.

Oh well, luck of the draw I guess.  That said, I think those giving praise to the gov't and/or hospitals once they have become one of the "chosen ones" is a bit much.  Especially considering examples like this one.

JK, very sorry to hear your experience. I am 71, so may have ranked higher in perceived risk because of age using whatever selection criteria they use. I also have no underlying conditions. Looking back on it I realize that everybody there with me looked noticeably older than 60.

I guess from your perspective I'm one of the chosen ones, but though I am hyper critical of authority in general  and the Thai government in particular, I also firmly believe in giving credit where due.

You said you got no rejection notice; that's puzzling if you did not get an immediate confirmation on the web site followed by a confirmation of registration email literally minutes later. If you did not then try again.

At the bottom of that registration confirmation email is a telephone number to call with questions. I called to confirm my appointment when I got that second appointment mail. A helpful English speaker answered and found my name. I urge you to call that number and inquire about your status. If you can't find it PM me and I'll pass it on.

I'm willing to bet they will find your name in their list and give you some explanation. If they don't they will advise next steps. Alternatively you can physically visit and again I expect they will consider your issues and try to respond. As a private hospital a large part of their income in Huahin is farang, and they recognize that fact.

Note that I am considerably more impressed with the hospital performance but still respect whatever led the Thai government to give them authority to operate as a center.

As I said in my OP, pursue the issue while the situation is still active.

Good luck.

also in Hua Hin here,

I have already had mine at medpark in bkk

but I received two offers from Hua Hin Bangkok hospital offering me Pfizer for sept 7-9th , age 42, no illness.

so if if your are 71 and not been offered anything then they have <deleted>**ked it up