Foreign insurance certificate for Non O visa (over 50yo) issued in France

Hello,

On the website of the thai embassy in Paris, I read that 2 insurances are required for Non O visa :  100 000 $ on one side and a long stay insurance with 40 000 bahts outpatient and 400 000 bahts inpatient, on the other side : I guess the first one includes the second one (100 000$ > 400 000 bahts), right ? http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/voyagecovid/

They also ask a "Foreign Insurance Certificate" which is normal but that certificate must be filled in by the insurance company on a Ministry of Public Health of Thailand form (http://longstay.tgia.org/document/overseas_insurance_certificate.pdfhttp://longstay.tgia.org/document/overseas_insurance_certificate.pdf), not on a document issued by the insurance company itself. I asked confirmation by mail to the thai embassy and they confirmed they would not accept any other certificate than on their pdf form. I called the insurer of my Visa Premier card and they said they would not fill in a form which is not theirs. So what can i do ? I guess most foreign insurers, if not all, issue their own certifcates.

Thanks

Edited by daejung

That is requirement to apply for non-o visa for retirement that started when they started allowing entry to the country for retirement last year. It is the same insurance required for a OA visa for retirment.

The $100,000 covid 19 insurance is required for all entries to the country. In the case of a non-o visa it only needs to valid for 90 days since that is the length of stay allowed when you enter the country.

You can enter visa exempt to get a 45 day (normal is 30 days) visa exempt entry at this time and then apply for a non-o visa at and extension of stay based upon retirement without needing the 40/400k baht medical insurance.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ubonjoe,

I thought visa could be obtained only outside of Thailand, in thai embassies.

I guess I would have to go to immigration to get it as soon as possible after arriving in Bangkok. I may be waiting till they drop quarantine.

Visa exempt would mean my flight back is less than 45 days after arrival, my flight ticket should be flexible then.

Thanks

19 minutes ago, daejung said:

I guess I would have to go to immigration to get it as soon as possible after arriving in Bangkok. I may be waiting till they drop quarantine.

Visa exempt would mean my flight back is less than 45 days after arrival, my flight ticket should be flexible then.

The non-o visa issued has been possible for many years.

Requirements are here. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/8-1.pdf

The 45 day visa exempt entry will will eventually go back to 30 days. You can apply for a 30 day extension of it and then apply for the non-o visa.

You will need to show a onward ticket to the airline with 45 or 30 days. It can be a one way ticket to anywhere.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can enter visa exempt to get a 45 day (normal is 30 days) visa exempt entry at this time and then apply for a non-o visa at and extension of stay based upon retirement

In that case, I guess the Non O visa will start at the 46th day for 90 days and after 90 days I would ask for an extension for 1 year, right ?

Or can I have one year based on Non O retirement after the 45 days ?

Edited by daejung
misprint

2 hours ago, daejung said:

Thanks Ubonjoe,

Thanks

if fully vaccinated do the phuket sandbox, can leave hotel during the day, no being held prisoner, do visa exempt or tourist visa, fly return with emirates and they issue insurance that covers the covid insurance -  https://www.emirates.com/th/english/before-you-fly/multi-risk-travel-insurance/

details of insurance here - https://c.ekstatic.net/ecl/documents/before-you-fly/multi-risk-travel-insurance-policy-united-kingdom.pdf?h=Eq-8nZDRQgErbDCHApapJQ

details of insurance here 

19 minutes ago, daejung said:

In that case, I guess the Non O visa will start at the 46th day for 90 days and after 90 days I would ask for an extension for 1 year, right ?

Or can I have one year based on Non O retirement after the 45 days ?

It takes about 15 days to get a the non-o visa application approved. The 90 days from the non-o visa will start from the day you applied for it.

Then during the last 30 day of the 90 day permit to stay from the visa you can apply for the one year extension.The extension will start from the end of the 90 days.

• Thanks 1

Thanks again Ubonjoe.

When applying for a Non O visa (over 50yo) in France, they ask for a letter from my bank certifying I jave at least 6 000 euros on my bank account in France each of the past 3 months.

If I apply for a Non O visa at immigration office in Thailand, am I in the case described in this document (TM.87) : 8. Documents to be submitted for Change Visa – FOR RETIREMENT PURPOSES – 50 YEARS OLD (NON-O)and only need a letter fomr french embassy in Bangkok :

6. A letter of guarantee from the local or overseas Embassy or Consulate that proving the monthly pension of the Applicant not less than Baht 65,000 per month (together with reference documents showing the source of monthly pension)

" (together with reference documents showing the source of monthly pension)" seems to be new. Up to now there is not reference to anything on the letter my embassy gave me for extensions. I don't know if they will add it.

as for :

8. Rental Agreement between the Applicant and the Landlord ; A copy of house registration. Location map of the house and a rental receipt Past three months.

Up to now they just asked me my address and to draw by hand the map of the location. I have no rental agreement (only apartement hotel booking or AirBnb booking) and will have no rental receipt for past three months if I just arrived on visa exempt. It seems to be new too.

Edited by daejung

9 minutes ago, daejung said:

Up to now there is not reference to anything on the letter my embassy gave me for extensions. I don't know if they will add it.

That could be a some proof of your pension payments such as a statement. It does not have to be included in the letter from your embassy. I don't recall any reports of it being asked for though. 

9 minutes ago, daejung said:

Up to now they just asked me my address and to draw by hand the map of the location. I have no rental agreement (only apartement hotel booking or AirBnb booking) and will have no rental receipt for past three months if I just arrived on visa exempt. It seems to be new too.

The don't normally ask for it if you just entered the country and do not have a recent history of being here. That requirement was put in there to keep people from outside Bangkok from traveling there to apply.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, daejung said:

Your suggestion to enter visa exemple then apply for Non O visa in Bangkok seems to be the best and more simple option.

Will you be living in Bangkok? 

You can apply at any immigration office now and that is where you will have to apply for your extension.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Will you be living in Bangkok? 

You can apply at any immigration office now and that is where you will have to apply for your extension.

Yes - I will be staying mainly in Bangkok, so it's better for future extension to apply there.

In my previous post I meant of course "Your suggestion to enter visa exempt" and not "Your suggestion to enter visa exemple "