price of medical certificate for driving licence

alexi333

Depends... If you have elephantiasis you may need to pay off the Doc.... 

Also depends where you are and what sort of place you go do. 

As with everything in Thailand, experience varies and it changes with seasons.

I paid 250 baht at a small hospital in Bangkok, others have reported paying more, others less. 

Expect to pay anywhere between 150 and 300 baht...  

Or, go to a big hospital and pay 650 baht and make the nurses feel uncomfortable by perving at them !!! ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

charlie: heard on TVF that Phuket City DLT just opened…. my Med Cert was 100 baht at local thai clinic

but paid Doc 2000 baht not to report my “ five diseases” Leprosy……. ha! only messin’ witcha !

prefer to travel straight to DLT or Imm. with pre- completed docs + copies, rather than detour / delay to any Clinic “near DLT”……or pay 550 baht premium to perve the Hospital nurses !

Although you must see the chicks lining up at DLT Phuket…….sheeesh……can look for free…..but need Hospital after for shattered dropped jaw……

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

charlie: heard on TVF that Phuket City DLT just opened…. my Med Cert was 100 baht at local thai clinic

but paid Doc 2000 baht not to report my “ five diseases” Leprosy……. ha! only messin’ witcha !

prefer to travel straight to DLT or Imm. with pre- completed docs + copies, rather than detour / delay to any Clinic “near DLT”……or pay 550 baht premium to perve the Hospital nurses !

Although you must see the chicks lining up at DLT Phuket…….sheeesh……can look for free…..but need Hospital after for shattered dropped jaw……

I can't stop laughing every time I see your name. It's so funny

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Are the DLT driving licence places even operating at present ? Last I heard they were all closed down and renewals etc given amnesty until further notice.

They were just worried that a few ThaiVisa.com members were going to rock-up to prove to all and sundry they still had an ‘outstanding sense of humour’ !!! 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

It varies.

Mine was 650 baht at Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital.

Cheaper at clinics.

I like the private hospital.

Nice coffee shop and attractive nurses.

Including the private factor of 5 to 10 in prices. And a "hospital fee" of 200 Baht, which none of the cashiers in Phuket could explain to me. I guess it is the fee for aircon?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Are the DLT driving licence places even operating at present ? Last I heard they were all closed down and renewals etc given amnesty until further notice.

More services open since some days.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1229986-dlt-reopens-offices-for-license-and-tax-services/

Don't ask for details. Not too interested as I hope 2023 the worst will be over :smile:

Edited by KhunBENQ

The cost will depend on the area and where you go to get a certificate. I paid 30 baht for a certificate 2 years ago at a walk-clinic in Mueang Surin and also paid 30 baht at this same clinic, this past Thursday. 

The DLT in Surin is open for tax payment, but the drivers license dept. is not taking walk-in drivers license renewals.  I schedule my appointment last Thursday for next Thursday at 11 am.