Non o visa based on marriage renew problem

13 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Also, why do you think you can change the number on the new affidavit at MFA?  

He will be doing the affidavit at his embassy not at the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA. They will only certify the translation of the affidavit and confirm the consular officer"s signature on the affidavit.

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He will be doing the affidavit at his embassy not at the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA. They will only certify the translation of the affidavit and confirm the consular officer"s signature on the affidavit.

OK, so he mistyped or I misread. 

I still wonder how the affidavit using the accepted court certificate of marriage ( accepted by thailand) is going to include the cert # from a completely different document from the state of Florida.  That is not a translation but an edit.   Without the Florida cert number he is back at square one.

Edit:

I think I get it now. He goes to the embassy and writes down the Florida number on the affidavit. Then he gets it translated with the correct number.  Seems simple enough as long as the Embassy doesn't have an issue with the Florida number.

Edited by atpeace

11 minutes ago, atpeace said:

OK, so he mistyped or I misread. 

I still wonder how the affidavit using the accepted court certificate of marriage ( accepted by thailand) is going to include the cert # from a completely different document from the state of Florida.  That is not a translation but an edit.   Without the Florida cert number he is back at square one.

Edit:

I think I get it now. He goes to the embassy and writes down the Florida number on the affidavit. Then he gets it translated with the correct number.  Seems simple enough as long as the Embassy doesn't have an issue with the Florida number.

Pretty much the exact way on the affidavit will state   

" I first (name last name) married wife (first name last name) on the date of ( day,year) in the state of Florida. The application number is (*******) and the State file number is (******) My passport number is (*****) and my wife's Thai id is (*****)."   

That will be the affidavit.

I get it stamped and signed at the USA embassy then get it translated send to the MFA and they put there green and red stamp on it.

I think then immigration will be suffice with that.   

• Like 1