48 foreigners, Thais arrested at birthday party in Koh Samui

Jonathan Fairfield

15 hours ago, Maha Sarakham said:

Recovered/Discharged (Globally):  (98%).  These people at the party are stupid for ignoring the current rules no doubt, but come on, possibly overly dramatic?

Dramatic or not, its the rules ordered by he who should be obeyed, and always know's best.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, EricTh said:

People never learn. This is what we call 'the last supper' before they get hospitalized.

Actually, the population on Samui have been vaccinated to above the set target, so their chances for serious or critical conditions due to Covid are extremely small. There was a recent earlier party-incident, in news stories called the "Black Club cluster", with almost 200 testing positive, vaccinated only had mild or no symptoms, and the vaccines were Sinovac or one jab AZ...????

205789217_342563364068640_78571290011148

235796470_369090064749303_87223379301605

1 hour ago, mvdf said:

"Deported for attending a birthday party"

"A lifetime criminal record for attending a birthday party"

My my, times have changed indeed.

Although this anti-alcohol/anti-fun attitude is getting out of control, why on earth hold a birthday party right now?

It's just a date on a calendar after all. It's not as if it's going to kill you to wait a few weeks or months now is it?

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Actually, the population on Samui have been vaccinated to above the set target, so their chances for serious or critical conditions due to Covid are extremely small. There was a recent earlier party-incident, in news stories called the "Black Club cluster", with almost 200 testing positive, vaccinated only had mild or no symptoms, and the vaccines were Sinovac or one jab AZ...????

205789217_342563364068640_78571290011148

235796470_369090064749303_87223379301605

Seemingly the black was also closed down again the same night as this party ! ????????????

Edited by ronster

They probably weighed the risk of getting caught and the consequences (maybe catching covid and / or possible fines) against having a good time and financial gain and thought it was worth it.

Probably lots of others have done the same and got away with it, but since the Black outbreak it seems as if the authorities are less lenient.

• Like 1

As a Samui Farang Resident for over sixteen years my wife and I where vaccinated with AZ on the 27 th June with our second dosage due on the 19 th September. We have an app called vaccine.smart samui.com which tells us we where vaccinated on that date now here’s the rub . Nothing else as yet with a conformation of the 19th September. Today at lunch we spoke to an Aussie resident who also go jabbed on the same day as us he had not heard anything either .

Now when we went on the midway to four pm time slot there must have been around one thousand or more to be vaccinated plus a mate of mine went in the morning and again thousands of Farang , so all of us with one jab . We would like to see the figures for Samui that show 70 % have had both vaccinations, skeptical at best.

17 minutes ago, ronster said:

Yeah was the outdoor place not the actual club as far as I’m aware .

The outdoor pub is named "Black Bamboo" with a later addition of "Club", the indoor place completely burned up in December last year, it was named "Black Club"...????

38 minutes ago, Truroboy said:

Nothing else as yet with a conformation of the 19th September.

You are posting in the wrong topic, but to get your appointment letter - go to Nathon hospital.

You need to take your passport and the yellow card that you received back in June.

At the hospital ask for the vaccination certificate department (third floor).

If you phone them the day before and give your details, the appointment letter will be waiting.

The 70 % vaccinated does not say 'both vaccinations'. ????

7 hours ago, Taco said:

When did all the farang on this forum become such p…ys? Arresting people for enjoying life, after full knowing 1.5 years on of the possible risks, while cheering on the corrupt cops. Pathetic. My guess is your voting for Prayut’s re-election. 

It's always been full of ankors. This is Chinese flu is with us for ever now. Stop wearing your tin hats and get out and enjoy yourself or die of boredom locked away on your cell.

It would not be so bad if the one in complete control came up with a plan ie.  in two weeks we will open up this ,if ok we open bars ect. But no just keep extending his complete power over everything. Foreign tourists. Dream on . Morons

• Like 2

I feel sorry for those young party people, who cannot get out and party, like I could at that age.

This COVID pandemic certainly has not been easy to deal with.  By the picture is looks like there is

lots of good ventilation, and space for them to be fairly safe while they enjoyed themselves.

Too bad it is only September and not the High tourist season. Too bad that in the Samui sandbox

no one is allowed to party or enjoy them selves except for a few restricted activities.

I am sure happy that I do not plan to go to Thailand until all these restrictions are just a bad memory.

Geezer

• Like 2

I'm amused that in the so called sandbox and Samui plus zone (or whatever they call it), they are arresting foreigners and Thais for breaking the rules, but here in the Bangkok red zone there are numerous bars operating as late as 11 pm with impunity.

A friend tells me he was in one such bar, and the police came in at 10:30pm and simply said bill everyone now and shut down.

Just now, n00dle said:

I'm amused that in the so called sandbox and Samui plus zone (or whatever they call it), they are arresting foreigners and Thais for breaking the rules, but here in the Bangkok red zone there are numerous bars operating as late as 11 pm with impunity.

A friend tells me he was in one such bar the other night, and the police came in at 10:30pm and simply said bill everyone now and shut down.

We