48 foreigners, Thais arrested at birthday party in Koh Samui

Jonathan Fairfield

Samui wants to open up while having these restrictions.no problem.

Best to stay hidden away in my home ,up here in the rice patties with my trusty ole bottle of 70% ,facemasks and 2 shots of Pvax, until the restrictions are lifted.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Maha Sarakham said:

Recovered/Discharged (Globally):  (98%).  These people at the party are stupid for ignoring the current rules no doubt, but come on, possibly overly dramatic?

Being hospitalized doesn't mean you will definitely die. Many recovered while in hospital but they still have to suffer the effects of having difficulty in breathing etc.

What do you think those oxygen tanks are for?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, riclag said:

Samui wants to open up while having these restrictions.no problem.

Best to stay hidden away in my home ,up here in the rice patties with my trusty ole bottle of 70% ,facemasks and 2 shots of Pvax, until the restrictions are lifted.

You need armed guards to protect good booze from neighbors.

5 minutes ago, Taco said:

When did all the farang on this forum become such p…ys? Arresting people for enjoying life, after full knowing 1.5 years on of the possible risks, while cheering on the corrupt cops. Pathetic. My guess is your voting for Prayut’s re-election. 

IMO - this shows the lack of balance and the hunger to throw sanctimony from the perch of superiority without really thinking about it....

In Phuket and Samui (reportedly) 70% of the people are vaccinated and they are pushing the SandBox / Samui Plus based on this fact. 

Thus - any ‘gathering’ is hardly high risk, especially IF all those present are fully vaccinated (note I wrote: hardly ‘high’ risk and not ‘no’ risk - 100% of risk cannot be avoided). 

That said: IF the same gathering occurs in Bangkok or any other red zone where there is an ongoing outbreak, then that is reckless. 

Intelligent balance - given the current situation: Nothing wrong with a party in Samui or Phuket, but as things stand, there is something wrong with having a party in a noted ‘red zone’ such as Bangkok.

• Like 2