Thai National Covid shot?

willyumcr

17 minutes ago, willyumcr said:

My GF is 47 years old. Where can she get Pfiser or AZ? Free or otherwise. Preferably here in Pattaya.

Um, sorry to say, not going to happen just yet, maybe look at buying Moderna from the private hospital consortium, that or she will have to get Sinovac followed by AZ which my wife won't take, that said, we paid for Moderna back in June and are hopeful that it arrives and is administered in October, albeit some say half will arrive and the balance in 1st quarter of 2022.

• Haha 1

Have her give the Pattaya Call Center a call @ 1337.  She probably won't get the Pfizer or AZ but can get the Synovac.  Over here at the stadium on the Darkside they are doing mass vaccinations (I think every morning).

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.8839448,100.9211025,3a,75y,11.52h,105.69t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1scDyriYOKzwVYumPTi-cyyA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Haha 1

My wife have ordered and paid 2 moderna shots at Tonburri (THG) , but we are not sure when it will be ready to get in her shoulder, so today she get a sinopharm shot, just to give her some protection in the waiting time for Moderna. Sinopharm is to buy and get at some private hospitals.

She dont want the sinovac and is not very happy about sinopharm, but it had to be better than nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Um, sorry to say, not going to happen just yet, maybe look at buying Moderna from the private hospital consortium, that or she will have to get Sinovac followed by AZ which my wife won't take, that said, we paid for Moderna back in June and are hopeful that it arrives and is administered in October, albeit some say half will arrive and the balance in 1st quarter of 2022.

A chart was posted a few days ago showing what vaccines were on order and when they would arrive.  No Moderna was shown arriving before January next year and then only 5 million doses.

• Haha 1

Wait another month they are slowly trying to get away from giving the Sino but the leaders don't have the balls to tell the CCP. The next bright idea announced a week ago in October they will start with providing the AZ, second shot is with Pfizer?  Like my wife and family they waited this long will continue waiting until a better combination shows up or they start to provide the Pfizer even if I have to pay for it myself. News also they want to start vaccinating students with the Pfizer to make such an announcement are more on his way?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dlclark97 said:

A chart was posted a few days ago showing what vaccines were on order and when they would arrive.  No Moderna was shown arriving before January next year and then only 5 million doses.

That chart might have excluded it or wasn't up to date, as I read 1,982,000 were arriving in October, with the balance being in first quarter 2022, and of course I would imagine that the Thai Red Cross would take their 1.1 million doses before everyone else who paid for theirs, although I could be wrong, but doubt it.

• Haha 1

My wife had her second dose yesterday.  Sinovac + AZ.  When registration opened, she went to the school beside Wat Chai and registered, the actual appointments were at Pattaya City Hospital and came by text.

For a change I, as a foreigner, was vaccinated before her, a Thai.  ????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

My wife had her second dose yesterday.  Sinovac + AZ.  When registration opened, she went to the school beside Wat Chai and registered, the actual appointments were at Pattaya City Hospital and came by text.

Congrats! We're still trying to get my MIL an AZ jab. But so far, only Sinovac is being offered, which she refuses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

it's so funny how people are convinced that experimental vaccines moderna and pfizer are better...

i know nothing just as you, but that the dead virus vaccine are an old "process" that clearly works since hundred years, but any mARM vaccine is new and nobody know the future... But maybe you have enough with your wife or GF ?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DefaultName said:

My wife did the same in mid June and finally got a Sinopharm appointment at Pattaya City last week but she had already had AZ at Samithivej Hospital Siracha arranged by BCCT. BCCT has done an amazing job for UK Expats and their wives ( UK embassy having done sweet FA). They did arrange jabs for me at Bangrak and Samithivej but I had already had AZ at BPH. Samithivej was a much more pleasant experience as they did smaller nos and entire families than BPH where we were lined up with 100s of expat wrinkles and wives were turned away

Very well done BCCT who came to UK Expats aid and included their families even though vaccination roll outs is not their core business.

Shame on the UK Embassy who with greater resources could have done the same.

20 minutes ago, thailanddogerator said:

it's so funny how people are convinced that experimental vaccines moderna and pfizer are better...

i know nothing just as you, but that the dead virus vaccine are an old "process" that clearly works since hundred years, but any mARM vaccine is new and nobody know the future... But maybe you have enough with your wife or GF ?!

A "dead virus vaccine" is 'pinned' to a specific viral structure. Thus if the virus mutates, eg., alpha/beta/gamma/delta strains for covid 19, they become largely ineffective. Case in point is the Sinovac which appears to be largely 8neffective against covid 19 Delta variant. This is why each year the influenza virus vaccine includes up to 4 of the most current viral mutations (you can choose the vaccine to only cover 1-3 mutations for less cost and efficacy) and must be updated each year for new mutations.

The Thai government has recognized Sinovac's variant limitations by recommending 2nd jab of AstraZeneca or Pfizer.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, thailanddogerator said:

It's not mARM  it's Mrna

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

Covid Vaccine Myths

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters?gclid=Cj0KCQjws4aKBhDPARIsAIWH0JUGBDmO3kbdgjcM87OfyK0ZkU7HGml1sIwoUbQCRkrfc0ei4W9JdR0aAt7QEALw_wcB

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Srikcir said:

A "dead virus vaccine" is 'pinned' to a specific viral structure. Thus if the virus mutates, eg., alpha/beta/gamma/delta strains for covid 19, they become largely ineffective. Case in point is the Sinovac which appears to be largely 8neffective against covid 19 Delta variant. This is why each year the influenza virus vaccine includes up to 4 of the most current viral mutations (you can choose the vaccine to only cover 1-3 mutations for less cost and efficacy) and must be updated each year for new mutations.

The Thai government has recognized Sinovac's variant limitations by recommending 2nd jab of AstraZeneca or Pfizer.

it seems that we have a great virologist here, who know exactly what a 1 year old vaccine will do to human body after 5 to 10 years...

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, thailanddogerator said:

Really true !

16 hours ago, thailanddogerator said:

i know nothing just as you, but that the dead virus vaccine are an old "process" that clearly works since hundred years,

Yeah well so were blood letting and the use of leeches.... times move on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1