Jump to content

Thaksin’s says no deal was made with Thammanat, says he will still return


Recommended Posts

te.jpg

 

By Erich Parpart and Cod Satrusayang

 

Former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said that no deal was struck between his Pheu Thai Party and former Deputy Agricultural Minister Thammanat Prompao to ouster the government before censure debates earlier this month.

 

Thammanat led a renegade faction of the ruling Palang Pracharat Party in an attempt to ouster Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha from power.

 

Rumours at the time pointed to a possible deal struck between Thammanat and Thaksin that would see Thammanat deposing Prayut and then push for a general amnesty that could have brought back Thaksin to Thailand. Thaksin is in self-imposed exile after a military coup toppled his government in 2006 and corruption charges were filed against him. He says the charges are politically motivated.

 

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/32676/thaksins-says-no-deal-was-made-with-thammanat-says-he-will-still-return/

 

ti.jpg
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Seems appropriate for a criminal to get another criminal

to do his bidding, better luck next time.........

regards Worgeordie

Who knows if a deal had been struck or not. But if Thammanat ever sides with the Thaksin side then everyone would see how dirty the politics are in Thailand. So I think even Thaksin worries about this. I mean he would lose total credibility if it comes out they have been doing deals. Not that he or the current PM have much credibility as both of them lie all the time. 

 

But if a deal between them is exposed then both sides Thaksin and Thammanat lose a lot of credibility. 

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robblok said:

Who knows if a deal had been struck or not. But if Thammanat ever sides with the Thaksin side then everyone would see how dirty the politics are in Thailand. So I think even Thaksin worries about this. I mean he would lose total credibility if it comes out they have been doing deals. Not that he or the current PM have much credibility as both of them lie all the time. 

 

But if a deal between them is exposed then both sides Thaksin and Thammanat lose a lot of credibility. 

Prayut might be the one to make the deal with Thaksin instead after the next election.  The two ballot system they have just approved for constitutional amendment only clearly benefits Pheua Thai.  Bring PT into government and amnestying Thaksin and Yingluck may be the only way Prayut will be able to stay in power.  That would like like the US fighting a war in Afghanistan for 20 years to put the Taliban back in power. 555

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dogmatix said:

Prayut might be the one to make the deal with Thaksin instead after the next election.  The two ballot system they have just approved for constitutional amendment only clearly benefits Pheua Thai.  Bring PT into government and amnestying Thaksin and Yingluck may be the only way Prayut will be able to stay in power.  That would like like the US fighting a war in Afghanistan for 20 years to put the Taliban back in power. 555

Who knows but if they make such a deal then it shows how morrally corrupt both sides are. Not that I need more proof of that but maybe others would catch on then too. 2 bad sides no good guys

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, candide said:

 

It looks like you both consider that Prayut and Thamanat may have any independent decision-making power on this matter.

They cannot do anything without the approval of their masters above. If they decide an amnesty without such approval, the yellow Senate will block it, the yellow courts will block it, and if It's not enough to stop it, a coup will be made.

 

In order to come back, Thaksin needs to strike an agreement at a level which is higher than Prayuth's or Tammanat's level.

I never said anything about an amnesty, I mean a deal between the two could mean just more MP's or votes for one side does not have to include an amnesty. I was actually not even thinking about that at all. Because like you said you got the senators and others that have influence.

 

I was more thinking along the lines of Thaksin getting more votes or more power by having Thammanat on his side and the downside of siding with him after having attacked him and discredited him ect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, candide said:

 

It looks like you both consider that Prayut and Thamanat may have any independent decision-making power on this matter.

They cannot do anything without the approval of their masters above. If they decide an amnesty without such approval, the yellow Senate will block it, the yellow courts will block it, and if It's not enough to stop it, a coup will be made.

 

In order to come back, Thaksin needs to strike an agreement at a level which is higher than Prayut's or Tammanat's level.

And doubt there is much chance of that.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, candide said:

 

It looks like you both consider that Prayut and Thamanat may have any independent decision-making power on this matter.

They cannot do anything without the approval of their masters above. If they decide an amnesty without such approval, the yellow Senate will block it, the yellow courts will block it, and if It's not enough to stop it, a coup will be made.

 

In order to come back, Thaksin needs to strike an agreement at a level which is higher than Prayut's or Tammanat's level.

Correct.  The balance of power is held forces outside the lower house.  One of them is the military which Prayut no longer has control over.  Since the coup the deals were all cooked up by Prawit who controls the police and apparently had a role in the breakaway attempt.  Prayut has no choice but to stick with Prawit because he cannot manage all the behind the scenes stuff himself and doesn't have the loyalty of military or police. Finding more time in his schedule for PPRP MPs is code for dispensing more of the 16bn central budget they voted for to them.  He also has to include Pheua Thai MPs because they voted for it too - another link with Thaksin.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

'Self imposed exile', sounds so much better then 'running away to avoid justice....😂

Something same like as "a self proposed amnesty" ? 😏

 

We all know someone who even succeeded in that...,  after.......? 😉

Edited by david555
Link to post
Share on other sites

WAIT

 

Wasn't the main reason or the impetus of the last coup because Yingluck and some of the PT members were trying to get her brother home?

 

Every time they bring up Thaksin half the country goes into war mode getting ready to fight his case and the other half goes into war mode to fight him coming back.

 

The fact that these old fossils are still relevant shows the problems that the young people have.

 

Instead of protesting it might be better for them to start forming a new political party going by the book with 100 baht donations from thousands of people instead of thousands of baht from 100 people.  

 

Start no only explaining what is wrong but also how they plan to rectify it.  Start showing people that there is a political party that is for the people not by protesting but by good deeds.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kingstonkid said:

WAIT

 

Wasn't the main reason or the impetus of the last coup because Yingluck and some of the PT members were trying to get her brother home?

 

Every time they bring up Thaksin half the country goes into war mode getting ready to fight his case and the other half goes into war mode to fight him coming back.

 

The fact that these old fossils are still relevant shows the problems that the young people have.

 

Instead of protesting it might be better for them to start forming a new political party going by the book with 100 baht donations from thousands of people instead of thousands of baht from 100 people.  

 

Start no only explaining what is wrong but also how they plan to rectify it.  Start showing people that there is a political party that is for the people not by protesting but by good deeds.

 

 

Future forward was a nice idea.. but now with their leader removed and now the two ballot system back it will have a lot of problems. Its indeed the current mob and the Thaksin mob that need to be gone before this country can go forward. 

 

But then again maybe not as you see that many are just in politics to make money. Who says the new ones entering politics will be any different. Its just too ingrained and as long as people are in it for the money these anything goes tactics on both sides will go on forever. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, candide said:

 

It looks like you both consider that Prayut and Thamanat may have any independent decision-making power on this matter.

They cannot do anything without the approval of their masters above. If they decide an amnesty without such approval, the yellow Senate will block it, the yellow courts will block it, and if It's not enough to stop it, a coup will be made.

 

In order to come back, Thaksin needs to strike an agreement at a level which is higher than Prayut's or Tammanat's level.

Yeah. This should be well understood by those who think they know how things here. Obviously, many pursue the surface designed sleight-of-hand misdirection. 

Remembering, that any political instance and movement requires a special blessing. 

 

That aside, it's about time we had a Shinawatra-centred sideshow. It's been much too long. 

Something must be up........

I might add that old Thaksin has been extraordinarily active of late by way of public displays/talks through a wide array of alternative venues - wonder if interested parties observing the same. 

 

I, for one, might be looking forward to a somewhat revised edition of Politic Thai Theatre. 

Surely, we understand that it's all fallacious and whatnot - but makes for grand entertainment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

You would think there must be someone else besides this OLD politician that could help this country.

Let him be a consultant to someone, but not him!

Too many OLD politicians in this world causing problems that the young will have to pay for.

That’s how it’s always been and will always be. Everywhere.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

 

I am no fan of Prayut but if you think Thaksin's bought votes was democracy, think again.

Thaksin  was voted in.

 

Prayut is there because of a coup.

 

Big difference.

 

99% hate this government.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Thaksin  was voted in.

 

Prayut is there because of a coup.

 

Big difference.

 

99% hate this government.

 

 

99%????   That destroys any credibility you thought that you might have had  😂🤣

 

 

You probably believe that.

 

 

What you think matters not, you can't vote and if you remove the PM of this coup, he will be replaced with another.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...