4g broadband or monthly ADSL providers in Pattaya?

Regain

2 hours ago, Regain said:

The condo i’m moving to has 3bb Vdsl

Often the condo  will limit you to their choice of ISP  and not allow anyone else to provide service    so you may be stuck with  3bb   or have to  choose a mobile provider  True,DTAC,AIS perhaps CAT  you'll need to test to see which has the best signal in your condo before committing to one.

I don't think that any  fixed ISP provider offers monthly connections any more   they used to in the days of Dial up modems ????

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 6:31 AM, Bruno123 said:

Monthly there is Truemove H and DTAC at 300 baht & 299 baht respectively.

AIS too at 300 baht; but only in these provinces: 1.Bangkok 2.Chiang Mai 3. Chiang Rai 4. Chanthaburi 5. Tak 6. Phuket 7. Chonburi 8. Pathum Thani 9. Rayong 10. Chumphon 11. Nakhon Si Thammarat 12. Lopburi 13. Nakhon Ratchasima 14. Nonthaburi 15. Samut Prakan.

Buy a 50 baht SIM first  and run a speed test to see if you can achieve 20 Mbps or anything close, at your location. If can, then apply the 20 Mbps package. If you can only receive 10 Mbps, then apply the 10 Mbps package or try the other network SIM and repeat.

Cheapest method is to buy a 12 month DTAC 10 Mbps SIM for around 1390 baht. and if you can achieve 20 Mbps with them, uprate to 20 Mbps for another 120 baht. 125 baht per month as compared to 299 baht.

The monthly option renews itself until six months is up; then you can request to renew if available. This again makes the 12 month package more attractive to long stayers.

Just a correction in that the AIS offer is for 15 Mbps.

29 minutes ago, Regain said:

The dtac 1390 thb sim, is it available in the shop? And likewise with the dtac/ais/true 10mbit unlimited for 300, do i need to mail order them?

It would be available at DTAC outlets, most phone shops and 7/11s carry various sim cards.

There is usually nothing special about the actual Sim, its the package you activate.

A sim from mail or lazada etc will probably require a visit to a shop to show ID and register

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Regain said:

The dtac 1390 thb sim, is it available in the shop? And likewise with the dtac/ais/true 10mbit unlimited for 300, do i need to mail order them?

You can order from DTAC; but it's 1600 to 1890 baht(which is the price on the pack). You can call beforehand to see if they have any in stock. .But you are strongly advised to buy a 50 baht SIM to run a speed-test before committing to a 12 month SIM. You've left it a bit late. If the 50 baht SIM can reach 20 Mbps at your place, then spring for the 12 month and then uprate the speed from 10 to 20 Mbps. Service centre can do it for you; but you have just three days. You had this info ten days ago.

For the monthly options, it's just a matter of going to a service centre, buying a new SIM, topping up and applying the package. Service or call centre should be able to apply it for you. But hurry up, promo is due to end this month.

The code for uprating and more details of the offer can be seen on their official sites: https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/dtac-office

Edited by Bruno123

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

It would be available at DTAC outlets, most phone shops and 7/11s carry various sim cards.

There is usually nothing special about the actual Sim, its the package you activate.

A sim from mail or lazada etc will probably require a visit to a shop to show ID and register

Wrong on every count.

The 12 month SIM is a specific SIM with the package already applied and it's not available at 7-11.

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/simdtac.html

https://www.dtac.co.th/prepaid/products/ready-sim.html

No need to visit a shop to register as it can be done online. 

https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/registration/

Edited by Bruno123
  • Like 1

Got a DTAC happy sim at the 7-11 and managed 2mbit in Jomtien beach. Unless theres something restricting the speed, it very slow.

Is the 20mbit AIS for 300thb the next best option? Available instore i hope, or another Lazada order?

thanks

1 minute ago, Regain said:

Got a DTAC happy sim at the 7-11 and managed 2mbit in Jomtien beach. Unless theres something restricting the speed, it very slow.

Is the 20mbit AIS for 300thb the next best option? Available instore i hope, or another Lazada order?

thanks

Please read the written answers already given. No point in just repeating the same thing. ????

Go back and read every post. The answers are all there.

As an aside, when I resided in Jomtien, near the beach, I got the full 20 Mbps with DTAC; even better than AIS.

What phone do you use for testing?

Let's see a screenshot of the speedtest.

Edited by Bruno123
  • Like 1

I talked to dtac in central festival and they said I have to upgrade my package to test a faster speed up to 4mbit and for 20mbit I need a new SIM and a post paid contact.

If it's 4g, they tell me it should be fast enough.

New question: is it likely to get a sim from Lazada delivered n time now?

2 hours ago, Regain said:

@Bruno123 I’ve talked to Dtac on their service number. There’s no expiry date for the 1 year sim, and getting a 7-11 sim to test the speed isnt a good idea when its capped at 2mbit. Thanks for the help anyway.

You don't know what you are talking about ???? Expiry dates and 7-11 SIM. That has nothing to do with what I have imparted. Nothing at all.

Added to that you are now writing about a 2mbit cap.

I give up. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Regain said:

I wonder if the dtac sim comes with free internet for a month but capped to 2mbit

Add a small 'full speed' data package and find out. Top up at least 10 baht(you can do that on the orange machines outside 7-11 and Family Mart) and then tap in *104*851*9# and then hit the dial key.

Then try the speed test again. Promo ends this month; don't question my knowledge. You asked the staff the wrong question.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Regain said:

AIS in Pattaya is quoting 

349 THB for 10mbit

449 THB for 15mbit

No 20mbit package

This is one of the reasons why I am reluctant to get involved with helping people here with phone packages. I have given you the info; but then you feel the need to second guess me at every single turn.

So far you have insisted that DTAC SIM are capped at 2 Mbps in Jomtien, that my information concerning the promo date is wrong, that AIS doesn't offer the package that I have described and the you can only get them PostPaid and follow it with similar nonsense concerning DTAC and PostPaid contracts.

It's just annoying and a total waste of time.

You have wasted nearly two weeks and have not got anywhere.

Buy the SIM, apply a small full speed package of say 100 MB for 9.63 baht, test the speed and then refer to me. Do not ask DTAC ,Truemove H nor AIS anything. You don't know what to ask and you are wasting yours and my time.

If you don't get it all completed by the end of the month, you may lose out. Writing here afterwards that they said this or that, won't help you once the time has passed.

Get the speed tests sorted out TODAY and post the results TODAY. Then I will advise you on the best way forward.

Edited by Bruno123
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2021 at 8:47 AM, Regain said:

AIS in Pattaya is quoting 

349 THB for 10mbit

449 THB for 15mbit

No 20mbit package

Those are Fixxy PostPaid packages and nothing to do with anything discussed here. Stop wasting time talking to idiots and get testing ????

On 9/27/2021 at 7:19 AM, Regain said:

2mbit on dtac lte, 27 mbit on my ais sim

56C6E82C-F386-4ADD-B842-3BC6A124574C.jpeg

Since you know that you can get 27 Mbps with AIS; that is your fallback position.

Get yourself a new AIS SIM from Central Festival and keep that on Standby. 

That way, if DTAC doesn't work out for you. we can still apply the 20 Mbps package to the new AIS SIM. It has to be a new SIM; so don't question it, just get it.

Once you have that in your hand, you can re-run the speed test with the DTAC SIM using an non capped package, as opposed to the possibly free capped data pack that might be included with the SIM. The 9.63 baht 100 MB in volume pack is just a day pack for your testing purpose.

If all good, then get yourself to DTAC at CF and show them the SIM that you need: SIM KONGKAPAN 10Mbps + Free Call to dtac number for 12 months https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/simdtac.html

Hopefully they'll have some in stock or at least direct you towards a mobile phone shop that does.

Then follow the instruction to uprate the included 12 month pack from 10 Mbps to 20 Mbps. SIM KONGKAPAN 10Mbps + Free Call to dtac number for 12 months

To find the instruction, click through; https://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/simdtac.html and scroll to SIM KONGKAPAN 10Mbps + Free Call to dtac number for 12 months and then click on New Promotion detail

Then you will realise what a waste of time it was talking to the staff. You have to tell them; not ask them.

You can store these pics and website addresses to show them if necessary. You have two days.

• Like 1

Dtac was a fail at 4 mbit, i tried a true h card which got to 30mbit here.

True instore said there was 20mbit for 499 postpaid which doesnt sound bad.

@Bruno123  How do i get an AIS 20mbit package since last time i asked they said only 15mbit at 449 thb? My current ais card is 9 months old.

thanks

13 minutes ago, Regain said:

Dtac was a fail at 4 mbit, i tried a true h card which got to 30mbit here.

True instore said there was 20mbit for 499 postpaid which doesnt sound bad.

@Bruno123  How do i get an AIS 20mbit package since last time i asked they said only 15mbit at 449 thb? My current ais card is 9 months old.

thanks

Do you actually read my posts to you? ????Get a  new prepaid SIM! How many times? ???? Then get back to me. AIS or Truemove H is up to you. Top it up with 300 baht whilst you are there. No need to put it into your phone at this stage. Just let me know when you have the SIM with 300 baht on it. Better that you do it today.

Then I'll guide you through how to obtain the package. Unfortunately it will only be for six months. Though hopefully they might extend it after six month on request.