Beer Prices

Jip99

3 hours ago, bluemoon58 said:

844 baht for a case of Tiger Light at Makro yesterday.

I also bought a litre of Smirnoff Vodka and it seemed to be around 80 baht cheaper than the last time.

Brilliant, bluemoon....... the first straight answer to my question.

23 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

£2.19 for 4 large tins beer in UK Lidl or £3.00 for 10 small bottles - if you fancy travelling.

Lucky you. I don't even have the quid sign on my keyboard only have the $. I think my keyboard could be another fake. When I switch on in the morning I get the 4 coloured flag thing then it says Farting Widows , what's that all about ?

4 hours ago, bbko said:

That's a great price if the LEO is genuine and not some unauthorized mixture of beer/lao khao.  I pay a little over 600b for a case of large LEOs.

I can't think why the off licence would sell fake beer , the bottles look correct , the beer for Thai beer is ok and if it was a laokhao mix they would end up in deep doody.  I will continue to buy it there and say well done for that price.

Strangely enough, after Saudi Thailandia banned the online sale of alcohol, you cant even see products or check beer prices online..

I used to have an online account with wine connection. As that's now verboten, I now have to fill in a form and send by email. Thats not online apparently.. I think you are also allowed to use a phone or fax machine.. Ministry of silly walks.????????????

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 11:12 AM, Will B Good said:
On 9/20/2021 at 11:10 AM, MarkT63 said:

Hey Will, where did you read about the reduction of taxes on alcohol? - would save me an absolute fortune!

The paper we are not allowed to mention.

Edited yesterday at 11:32 AM by Will B Good

It was a headliner on ASEAN NOW yesterday..

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 10:10 AM, MarkT63 said:

Hey Will, where did you read about the reduction of taxes on alcohol? - would save me an absolute fortune!

That info is in a post right here.

I was going to suggest take a look at the makro website, then I remembered that online sales and marketing is illegal, because, because... some superannuated nimmeranjie has earned a ticket to heaven if he keeps the serfs in check, and SOBER! Let them buy Leo online, next thing you know "Silk Road" and hard drugs on the darknet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, biervoormij said:

I think you already got your answer but since I was at Makro today I took a couple of pictures. Only saw Tiger Crystal Light at 844 a box. Not sure if this is different than Tiger Light. The San Mig Zero was 930.

IMG_20210921_143544586 (2).jpg

IMG_20210921_143609566 (2).jpg

Thai logic, tax or price a ZERO alcohol beer like real beer. But the thing that amazes me, dudes clearly buy it at those mad prices, what am i missing here? Is the taste that good?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MajorTom said:

Strangely enough, after Saudi Thailandia banned the online sale of alcohol, you cant even see products or check beer prices online..

I used to have an online account with wine connection. As that's now verboten, I now have to fill in a form and send by email. Thats not online apparently.. I think you are also allowed to use a phone or fax machine.. Ministry of silly walks.????????????

I order craft beer online from two companies with no problem. Will have my latest order delivered today...

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 12:23 PM, LongTimeLurker said:

I like old school, I like to see and touch physically what I am about to buy to make sure there are no mistakes.

Works well in bars too. ????

It wasn't about going to buy the item at the shop, but about searching for the best price before you decide where to go to buy it.