Immigration in Pak Nam, Samut Prakan temporarily relocated from today 20th September 2021

Today I went to do my 90 day notice at Immigration in Samut Prakan, only to find that the Pak Nam office was closed. There was no information in english about why the office was closed, and when it would be open again. I could read, that there should be a temporary service center @Thipnimitra Market, but no adress or any directions how to get there. A few kind people outside tried to help me, by telling me that I had to go to Bang Pli and since I didn´t know where Bang Pli was, they suggested that I took a taxi there. But that would not be an option for me, as I had driven to immigration on my motorbike. Then they said that it was in Big C Bang Pli and showed me that location in my Google Maps. Away I went on the motorbike to Big C Bang Pli around 25 kms from Pak Nam, which due to heavy congestion took me 45 minutes. After walking around in the very large Big C Bang Pli for 30 minutes, without finding any immigration office or booth, I tried to enter Thipnimitra Market in Google, which showed me, that it was not exactly in Big C, but in a night market 500 meters away on the other side of Thepparak road. When I finally got there, the immigration office was closed for lunch, so I had to wait another 45 minutes, for them to open. There were probably 60-70 people waiting outside the office on 2nd floor, with absolutely no social distance taking place.

I have lived at the exact same adress in Samut Prakan for more than 10 years, notifying immigration every 90 days (totally around 50 times) about where I live. So couldn´t we at least expect immigration to clearly inform us in english, when they are closing one office and opening a temporary office 25 kms away, and give visitors proper directions about how to get there???  Now being back home after a trip to immigration, which took me 4 hours longer than expected, I went to check their website, which by the way is not secure (must be that Damn Windows 95 they are running), which also have no information in english about that the Pak Nam immigration office is closed, but only mention that there is a temporary service center @Thipnimitra Market, without any further directions about how to get there. http://www.samutprakanimmigration.go.th/

20210920_111847.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Here is a screenshot after I scanned the "scan me" icon in your attached photo.

Screenshot_20210920-164732_Opera.jpg

Scanning a code to get directions is a bit modern for me, so I didn´t expect that the code would lead me to a map.  Why not just show the map, instead of needing to scan an app to maybe see the map, if you have the right app installed in your phone? When trying to scan the "scan me icon", all I get is some advertising and a suggestion to install something from Google Play. Since I didn´t remember my password for Google play, I had to pass on that option. 

Edited by Xonax
  • Like 1

They definitely should have provided a little map. 

The App they want you to install is the very useful "Google Maps" App. If you install that, it will change your life. Within the App, it can quickly provide directions, tell you the costs and availability and schedule of the various means of transport. For example, it shows the bus routes, GrabTaxi costs or even the time to walk there. 

Edited by Gaccha
Added extra info about App

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

I just tried and got - the page you are looking for does not exist

Initially, it goes to an Ad page, which you then have to close and the Google Maps (or App designated by your phone system for map operations) will open. It *might be* you have your phone on a hard block of Ad pages so it's saying no such page exists. 

• Like 2

is address to mail your 90 report still the same ?

I got my receipt back a few weeks ago, but NOT A WORD of the move

as if they could not find something more near-by or just some container office on the market next door

anyway, why is there no immigration AT SUVI AIRPORT for Samut Prakarn anyway ?

because that would be too much logic

Samut Prakarn is and always been a s.h.i.t.t.y. office and specially if you got lady at counter 1, if she got in a bad mood, you could expect troubles

On 9/21/2021 at 8:08 AM, Justanotherone said:
is address to mail your 90 report still the same ?

I got my receipt back a few weeks ago, but NOT A WORD of the move

as if they could not find something more near-by or just some container office on the market next door

anyway, why is there no immigration AT SUVI AIRPORT for Samut Prakarn anyway ?

because that would be too much logic

Samut Prakarn is and always been a s.h.i.t.t.y. office and specially if you got lady at counter 1, if she got in a bad mood, you could expect troubles

I would believe, that the old adress can still be used for 90 day report, unless other is written on the website.

No two visits to immigration will be the same, but I have always had good experiences with the woman in counter 1.

• 2 weeks later...

This caught me out today. Wish I had read the home page of http://www.samutprakanimmigration.go.th/ when I visited it, instead of jumping straight to the visa information pages. My taxi from Pak Nam to Thipnimitra was about 150 Baht. The staff told us they plan to be at Thipnimitra Market for 2 years, but they look very well entrenched there already, and no work has started on Pak Nam, so I expect it will be at least that long.