Pfizer vaccine offered for walk-ins (no appointment needed) Tues 21st Sept

drh1010

I  registered quite a while ago and 4 days ago received an sms to turn up today..................i/m guessing this sms is not an appointment as such but rather an invitation to join the queue at the walk-in?

Last walk in i tried a week or so ago i was number 300 in a queue for 200 doses...............so thanks but no thanks............unless someone can tell me those who have sms's are in a separate queue?

I/ll wait and pay for the jab at some point.

3 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

I  registered quite a while ago and 4 days ago received an sms to turn up today..................i/m guessing this sms is not an appointment as such but rather an invitation to join the queue at the walk-in?

Last walk in i tried a week or so ago i was number 300 in a queue for 200 doses...............so thanks but no thanks............unless someone can tell me those who have sms's are in a separate queue?

These photos were taken at Central yesterday @1200, before the walk-in announcement.

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

5 minutes ago, bbko said:

These photos were taken at Central yesterday @1200, before the walk-in announcement.

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

Thanks....................so is it walk-in first come first served as reported in the news section or sms by appt only?

I could get my @rse down there and find out of course but i suspect it will be queue up first come first served regardless of SMS

9 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Thanks....................so is it walk-in first come first served as reported in the news section or sms by appt only?

I could get my @rse down there and find out of course but i suspect it will be queue up first come first served regardless of SMS

You suspect right. I had an appointment one month back in Chiang Mai but there was also a lot of people who came without an appointment (walk-in). I was not given any priority just because I had an appointment. So you better go and queue up early.

They allow walk-in for vulnerable people like 60 years and above, existing medical conditions.

If you are 30-40 years old and healthy, then you will probably be turned away during a walk-in.

Edited by EricTh

8 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

I'm not an official spokesman for the process, but I'd guess it's a mixture of both; those with the SMS text are sure to get their jab and the remaining vials will be given to the walkins.

What good does this do for me living 8 hours away by car? Hospitals up north here do not have Pfizer. But you can get your fist shot of Sinovac here. Flying to USA next month to get the best vaccine available Moderna. Tired of registering on web sites that never get back to you. I am 64 years old with 40 year old walking into hospitals and getting vaccinated   

2 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

If you got the text you will get the jab. For walk ins there will be a limited number available given out on a first come first served basis. 

9 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

.unless someone can tell me those who have sms's are in a separate queue?

Well the Pfizer vaccinations that were performed around 19th August at both Central Fest. and the BHP were definitely appointments., sent via SMS. Good luck...

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Well the Pfizer vaccinations that were performed around 19th August at both Central Fest. and the BHP were definitely appointments., sent via SMS. Good luck...

And yesterday at Central Festival they were appointments sent via sms rather than walk ins. 

14 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Yes, those with SMS went into a separate queue. You missed your appointment.