Jump to content

Pfizer vaccine offered for walk-ins (no appointment needed) Tues 21st Sept


Recommended Posts

I  registered quite a while ago and 4 days ago received an sms to turn up today..................i/m guessing this sms is not an appointment as such but rather an invitation to join the queue at the walk-in?

 

Last walk in i tried a week or so ago i was number 300 in a queue for 200 doses...............so thanks but no thanks............unless someone can tell me those who have sms's are in a separate queue?

 

I/ll wait and pay for the jab at some point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

I  registered quite a while ago and 4 days ago received an sms to turn up today..................i/m guessing this sms is not an appointment as such but rather an invitation to join the queue at the walk-in?

 

Last walk in i tried a week or so ago i was number 300 in a queue for 200 doses...............so thanks but no thanks............unless someone can tell me those who have sms's are in a separate queue?

 

I/ll wait and pay for the jab at some point.

These photos were taken at Central yesterday @1200, before the walk-in announcement.

 

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bbko said:

These photos were taken at Central yesterday @1200, before the walk-in announcement.

 

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

Thanks....................so is it walk-in first come first served as reported in the news section or sms by appt only?

I could get my @rse down there and find out of course but i suspect it will be queue up first come first served regardless of SMS

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nyonya said:

Are you sure its Pfizer and not some normal saline solution? No one is able to know 😪 and how can you tell the difference between them? 

I would rather have the saline solution so long as i get my Vaccination certificate.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Thanks....................so is it walk-in first come first served as reported in the news section or sms by appt only?

I could get my @rse down there and find out of course but i suspect it will be queue up first come first served regardless of SMS

 

You suspect right. I had an appointment one month back in Chiang Mai but there was also a lot of people who came without an appointment (walk-in). I was not given any priority just because I had an appointment. So you better go and queue up early.

 

They allow walk-in for vulnerable people like 60 years and above, existing medical conditions.

 

If you are 30-40 years old and healthy, then you will probably be turned away during a walk-in.

 

Edited by EricTh
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Thanks....................so is it walk-in first come first served as reported in the news section or sms by appt only?

I could get my @rse down there and find out of course but i suspect it will be queue up first come first served regardless of SMS

I'm not an official spokesman for the process, but I'd guess it's a mixture of both; those with the SMS text are sure to get their jab and the remaining vials will be given to the walkins.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What good does this do for me living 8 hours away by car? Hospitals up north here do not have Pfizer. But you can get your fist shot of Sinovac here. Flying to USA next month to get the best vaccine available Moderna. Tired of registering on web sites that never get back to you. I am 64 years old with 40 year old walking into hospitals and getting vaccinated   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Thanks....................so is it walk-in first come first served as reported in the news section or sms by appt only?

I could get my @rse down there and find out of course but i suspect it will be queue up first come first served regardless of SMS

If you got the text you will get the jab. For walk ins there will be a limited number available given out on a first come first served basis. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, toston said:

oh so sad ! one more chance that I miss !

 

 

According to the image it starts at 1pm today but no doubt the queue will already be big by now

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

.unless someone can tell me those who have sms's are in a separate queue?

Well the Pfizer vaccinations that were performed around 19th August at both Central Fest. and the BHP were definitely appointments., sent via SMS. Good luck...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Well the Pfizer vaccinations that were performed around 19th August at both Central Fest. and the BHP were definitely appointments., sent via SMS. Good luck...

And yesterday at Central Festival they were appointments sent via sms rather than walk ins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

I  registered quite a while ago and 4 days ago received an sms to turn up today..................i/m guessing this sms is not an appointment as such but rather an invitation to join the queue at the walk-in?

 

Last walk in i tried a week or so ago i was number 300 in a queue for 200 doses...............so thanks but no thanks............unless someone can tell me those who have sms's are in a separate queue?

 

I/ll wait and pay for the jab at some point.

 

Yes, those with SMS went into a separate queue. You missed your appointment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...