Richard Barrow has an informal discussion with H. E. Mark Gooding OBE The British Ambassador-Designate for Expat Life in Thailand

webfact

30 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

And all this will tell us what Richard? What use might we have of this fantastic information? Probably just looking for another 5 minutes of fame, right?

The content in the linked article is slightly more interesting than the vanilla essence above, although nothing really new.

• Like 1

Interview number two might actually probe some of the issues facing British Nationals in Thailand that the Ambassador Designate might be going to tackle in the future. It would have been interesting to learn what agenda or goals he has in mind to promote Britain and British relations in the region and whether he will improve lines of communication with the British Nationals that reside here. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Yes. The boy scout, Richard Barrow designing the standard for what expat life might be in Thailand. 

His material and working perspective became quite weary about ten years ago. 

And yet, there are many that slobber romantically over his presence and stature. 

To each his own.

Spot on!….brilliant! ????????

23 hours ago, webfact said:

I hear that you have visited Thailand before as a tourist. What were your impressions of the country as a tourist and what were your favourite activities and destinations during your visits?

Yea. I originally came to Thailand with some mates to party in Pattaya. When I first visited soi 6 I thought ....OMG.....this is awesome. I gotta move here full time. So I worked hard and wangled the job of ambassador. Lady luck was good to me. Only downside has been the long drive from my official residence to Soi 6 but I manage it whenever I can. It was the girls there that gave me my nickname   ' cue ball '

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1