Renewal of 5 year drivers license

pattjock

I am going to change from 2 til 5 year, my 2 year is expired at august.

I am trying to change at an office in north Thailand, so not Pattaya, but maybe the same problems.

I had got a lot of different answers, about it should be possible, as a farrang, to change driver license or if it is legal to still use the expired driver license. One thing is for sure, the office is still working with driver license issues at Thais. The other day I go there and asked for what to do, they tell me I must make an appointment at their appointment app, but this is only working with thai ID numbers, I tell them that problems, then they show me the door and said farrang can not change expired licence and they dont know when it will be possible.

I did not feel comfortable with this situation. I remember there was a kind of ID number on the vax papers i got, I tried to use this 13 digit number at the appointment app and it worked, I have now maked an appointment at 27 september, it will be interesting to see if they will change the farrang license now. I will let you know what happends.

• Like 1