Dissapearing (chicken) Breasts

Jingthing

They died in vein (sic).

This afternoon I bought four plump not cheap chicken breasts.

Two packs of two breast each. Breasts are best in pairs.

Now I have none.

Did I eat them all?

Did someone else eat them?

Did a pack of soi dogs snatch them?

No no and no.

So what happened?

When I got home there were two missing breasts.

What happened? Did .my checkout clerk hold them back? Did they drop out of my bag? No idea. I checked the receipt. I had paid for all four breasts.

OK such things happen. Not the first time.

So I poached the remaining breasts, put them in a container and started to place them in my refrigerator. But the container slipped and both freshly cooked breasts flopped on my definitely don't eat off it kitchen floor.

So binned those dirty breasts. 

No breasts for me!

So what are the odds of losing four breasts for two different reasons in the same day?

Signed,

Thank you Food Panda.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

I think you are posting in the wrong forum, please navigate to Food In Thailand, if you can find it, and repost.

Bwaaa, ha, ha, ha.

Not about food.

About fate.

Of the breasts.

Again.

What are the odds?

Edited by Jingthing

27 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Definitely, 4 second rule, rinse and no problem especially as they were already cooked.

I always tell myself, with all the dirt and filth in Thailand, who worries about something fallen onto the kitchen floor?

If you're still alive after 4+ weeks in Thailand, chances are good that those dropped chicken breasts won't be bad for you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

Has GammaGlobulin commented on dropping breasts?

If dropping breasts are a worry, then maybe you should just walk away now, accepting that you will ultimately be left wanting and impoverished

SC

Not yet, but it's coming....

Probably about how we all should cherish drooping breasts...

• Haha 1

With things of this sort usually in the AA to B cup range, drooping breasts are not something one hears much of in Thailand.  I have the impression a lot of expats conduct some serious research on this.

Oh wait, you said dropping, nevermind.

(RIP Gilda Ratner)

What I would have done with the fallen: rinse with water, a surface rub with a paper towel or two with an eye for non-chicken spots, then a blanching in boiling hot water for about 30 seconds -- you want to scald the surface, not re-cook it.

Edited by bendejo

Honestly if it hadn't been for the first missing package of chicken I might have at least thought about saving the dropped ones.  Putting in boiling water is a good idea which I'm not sure I would have thought of. However, once I saw the naked plump breasts sitting ingloriously on my bad housekeeping floor magical thinking kicked in. The universe was telling me something. Not to be messed with. I'll buy more chicken later, check that the clerk actually bags it this time and try not to spazz with containers. 

Edited by Jingthing