UAE flights: Emirates is first airline to roll out IATA Travel Pass in 6 continents

Puccini

UAE flights: Emirates is first airline to roll out IATA Travel Pass in 6 continents

Team KT/Dubai

Filed on September 23, 2021

The roll-out across all 120-plus Emirates destinations is expected to be completed by October.

Emirates has become the first airline to implement the International Air Transport Association's IATA Travel Pass on six continents. The digital health pass is currently available to passengers travelling from 50 cities.

The roll-out across all 120-plus Emirates destinations is expected to be completed by October, the airline said on Thursday.

Following successful trials in April on select routes from its Dubai hub, Emirates gradually expanded the IATA Travel Pass pilot to customers on 12 routes in June. The airline has now signed a contract with IATA to implement the solution across its global network.

Read more: https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-pandemic/uae-flights-emirates-is-first-airline-to-roll-out-iata-travel-pass-in-6-continents

16 hours ago, treetops said:

Pass code for Android users is 787350

Pass code for Apple users is 987345

if anyone wants to have a closer look.

Thanks worked for me. 
Scanning the passport chip seems to be causing problems to some. I had to have the top of my iPhone ( case removed ) about halfway down my passport before it would start to scan.

NOTE: 

Thailand Vaccination Certificates not currently accepted.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

16 hours ago, treetops said:

Pass code for Android users is 787350

Pass code for Apple users is 987345

if anyone wants to have a closer look.

It works like a charm (and the required neck exercise did me good), read my Italian Covi-19 vaccination certificate correctly.

From what I see, the app has no function yet to read any type of Thai vaccination certificate.

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Did you use a Google account to log in?  I stopped when it looked for this as it struck me as a bit fishy.

Yes, I was logged in with my Google account.

A Google account is a prerequisite for downloading and installing apps from Google Play, I believe.

Edited by Puccini

29 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Yes, I was logged in with my Google account.

A Google account is a prerequisite for downloading and installing apps from Google Play, I believe.

My phone is permanently logged in to my Google account, but the app didn't seem to know this and took me to another sign in page with "Continue to auth0.com" at the top which is where I stopped as it looked suspicious to me.

56 minutes ago, treetops said:

My phone is permanently logged in to my Google account, but the app didn't seem to know this and took me to another sign in page with "Continue to auth0.com" at the top which is where I stopped as it looked suspicious to me.

That's very strange. I hope you haven't got an URL-hijacking malware on your phone.

For safety, go to play.google.com and there search for IATA Travel Pass.