Flooding Caused by Heavy Rain in North, Northeast

webfact

th.jpg

CHAIIYAPHUM, (TNA) – Heavy rains caused floods in many provinces in the North and the Northeast.

In the northeastern province of Chaiyaphum, a storm that approached Vietnam brought rains to many areas including the Phu Laen Kha mountain range. Consequently the Lam Pa Thao dam overflowed into the Tat Ton National Park. Officials prohibited tourists from swimming in the Tat Ton waterfall.

Meanwhile, the Office of the National Water Resources said that heavy rains would continue in the lower North including Chai Nat province from Sept 20 to 26 and the Chao Phraya dam would be receiving more water from the Chao Phraya River. The office warned concerned parties to watch water levels in the Chao Phraya river basin.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-786938

tnalogo.jpg

4 hours ago, lujanit said:

I hope it is not a repeat of 2011 floods.

I was visiting Thailand for the first time in November 2011. Arrived in CM for a couple of weeks stay, just after they had recovered from floods. They were highly amused that BKK was now under water ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes he did...no flooding, all under control, and well....there will be no Coup.  Liars the lot of them.

Yea Prayut lied about the floods but not as much as the one who was in charge 2011. Still a sore point for me house got flooded and was locked in there for month or more with dogs. All because the government lied, but not a lil bit but was a huge lie. They must have known it having seen the huge watermass on satellite images and images from planes. But no they told everyone it was ok and nothing would happen. Then Nonthaburi flooded. My neighbors hated it too so many cars destroyed. Good info could have saved so much money. 

Then what is equally bad or maybe worse is that little has been done since that flooding many plans have been made but none have been carried out. Its a total disgrace. That after such a disaster they only plan and stall and not update the water defenses in a big way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Yea Prayut lied about the floods but not as much as the one who was in charge 2011. Still a sore point for me house got flooded and was locked in there for month or more with dogs. All because the government lied, but not a lil bit but was a huge lie. They must have known it having seen the huge watermass on satellite images and images from planes. But no they told everyone it was ok and nothing would happen. Then Nonthaburi flooded. My neighbors hated it too so many cars destroyed. Good info could have saved so much money. 

Then what is equally bad or maybe worse is that little has been done since that flooding many plans have been made but none have been carried out. Its a total disgrace. That after such a disaster they only plan and stall and not update the water defenses in a big way.

You missed a bit....Plans made, budgets spent, nothing done...

1 minute ago, smutcakes said:

You missed a bit....Plans made, budgets spent, nothing done...

Havent read about the budgets being spent, could you link that. I mean that would make it all worse. How could they spend money on budgets for building stuff if nothing has done ? I mean someone would comment on that or do you mean normal budgets for water control not the budgets for the plans of building ?

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Havent read about the budgets being spent, could you link that. I mean that would make it all worse. How could they spend money on budgets for building stuff if nothing has done ? I mean someone would comment on that or do you mean normal budgets for water control not the budgets for the plans of building ?

Just mean that over the years we have read about in the news billions of baht being spent on tunnels, defenses etc- no idea if anything effective has been built- we might find out in the next month or so.

Would be deeply surprising if budgets had been allocated and they had not been spent. Civil services the World over hate not spending their budget.

1 minute ago, smutcakes said:

Just mean that over the years we have read about in the news billions of baht being spent on tunnels, defenses etc- no idea if anything effective has been built- we might find out in the next month or so.

Would be deeply surprising if budgets had been allocated and they had not been spent. Civil services the World over hate not spending their budget.

Actually your right about that, and my gf who works in a company that supplies the government for some medical stuff told me about that too. They always want to use all of their budget. So yes I agree. 

But i thought you were talking about the plans and budgets for huge projects.  But im sure they still did smaller maybe not effective stuff. 

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Actually your right about that, and my gf who works in a company that supplies the government for some medical stuff told me about that too. They always want to use all of their budget. So yes I agree. 

But i thought you were talking about the plans and budgets for huge projects.  But im sure they still did smaller maybe not effective stuff. 

My comment was a bit flippant/tongue in cheek, not entirely serious but would not be surprised.