Gays Dressing Up Women

Flow

Is Ed Wood or J. Edgar Hoover around??

Not even J.Edgars lover, Tolson is around anymore. How about Cohen, he loved to cross dress. How about Milton Berle. He got into women's clothes at every opportunity.

This subject is just plain silly in my opinion, but then again who cares what I think.

OP could have asked, 'Why do people like to post their opinions in Thaivisa". Another question that requires an irrelevent generality as an answer.

Thanks for input proThai!

Had totally forgotten 'bout Uncle Milty. senior moment.

Jack Benny maybe, dont know.

But Cohen? as in George M. The entertainer/song writer/producer??

If one in the same must have overlooked that aspect of his life in his filmography "Yankee Doodle Dandy"

There's a hilarious scene in 'What Women Want' where Mel Gibson waxes,puts on nailpolish,bra and stockings for 'research' and his daughter and her boyfriend walk in.It's sexy I think.

Is Ed Wood or J. Edgar Hoover around??

Not even J.Edgars lover, Tolson is around anymore. How about Cohen, he loved to cross dress. How about Milton Berle. He got into women's clothes at every opportunity.

This subject is just plain silly in my opinion, but then again who cares what I think.

OP could have asked, 'Why do people like to post their opinions in Thaivisa". Another question that requires an irrelevent generality as an answer.

Thanks for input proThai!

Had totally forgotten 'bout Uncle Milty. senior moment.

Jack Benny maybe, dont know.

But Cohen? as in George M. The entertainer/song writer/producer??

If one in the same must have overlooked that aspect of his life in his filmography "Yankee Doodle Dandy"

How about Benny Hill? He was one of my favorite straight cross-dressers. Or Flip Wilson on American TV? His "Geraldine" was classic. Or Dana Carvey as the "Church Lady" on Saturday Night Live? Male performers have been dressing as women since the Greek days and during Shakespearean England males always played the roles of the females.

The funny thing is that even though I'm bisexual, I have never had a desire to dress as a woman...even though my Thai ladyboy is dying to paint me up just for fun.

The original post assumed that gays like to dress up as women. Not among my gay circle. The guys are very happy being who they are...and looking like women or having their lovers look like women isn't a turnon for them. They'd rather shag a guy who looks like The Hulk....hehehehe.

Edited by farang prince

cm-happy: Talk about "senior moments", I meant to post Roy Cohn, not Cohen. Roy was a cross dresser friend of J.Edgar and totally opportunistic and harmful to society in general. He was the lawyer that did the dirty work for Joseph McCarthy and his committee.

On a personal note, had a b/f who was into leather and started out by buying me a piece for each occasion, ie. birthdays etc. I ended up having the whole outfit including mirrored sunglasses, hat, Marlon Brando biker jacket, etc. Ultimately he insisted I wear full leather drag prior to sex. He didn't last long after that.

One Halloween, I pulled the box of leather out and got completely into "Leather Daddy" drag. Unbelievable how many "hits" I got as I traveled the bars in West Hollywood. Many guys dressed in ladies clothes also approached.

The telling moment was when a total 'hottie", who, over a ten minute span, inched his way over to stand along side of me and the first question out of his mouth was "Is that really you?". I admitted it was a costume and away he skedaddled. Not too much regret as I am not sure I would have fulfilled his expectations, whatever they were.

Halloween can be fun if you get into a costume that completely transforms you and even your friends can't recognize you. I wonder how much of that element of complete anonymity goes into cross dressers desire to do their thing?

As I've said before this forum is for gay folks and their friends. It's not a place where we have to justify our existence to any bigot who happens to be passing by. Any more bigotry or personal abuse of other posters will earn holidays.

The hulk guy should thank you for bailing him out...he was digging himself in deeper and deeper..obviuosly he is a bit confused, but a nice guy I'm sure :o:D

Well....I am not a big fan of 'labels' but I would say that I fall into the category 'on the gay side of bisexuality'.

I crossdress when I am with my boyfriend indoors (with no third person around). I like it and he likes me crossdressing. If I had a boyfriend who wouldn't like me crossdressing, then I wouldn't do it when I am with him.

Other than that, I crossdress only once in a while when I am alone in my flat. As for crossdressing outdoors, I do it but I don't wear anything 'too obviously feminine'. For example, I wear women's pants that can also pass as 'guys' pants'......I sometimes apply some makeup such as lipstick (not bright colors) and blush-on, and wear some feminine jewellery....and sometimes wear toerings and an anklet. Outdoors, I don't wear a miniskirt or ladies' shoes and or use other 'real feminine ' stuff like ladies' handbags.

Well....the reason ?? I don't see myself as a transgendered person. The reason is because I simply enjoy it.....I enjoy the 'en femme' feeling. Then, there is also the reason that I question why some nice stuff such as some clothes and accessories have to be for use by women only. So, in addition to my enjoying the 'en femme' feeling, my 'pro-gender-equality' and 'rebel-against-society-values' feelings also come into the equation :o

By the way, as another poster stated here, I also think that most crossdressers are actually not gay.

Cheers,

Jem

Edited by JemJem

I'll take a guess, even though I'm female.

People are told to fit into their gender roles and clothing and rejecting that may be part of the appeal. And yes, straight men can do this as well as gay men. Really, what is the harm in a male wearing "women's clothing" besides offending a few people's delicate sensibilities. After all, isn't it a little silly to say that men shouldn't take bubble baths or drink daiquiri drinks too?

l :o You tell it how it is gal...the one thing I miss from living in

Australia, is my straight wimmin friends, here it seems very

difficult to encounter the same...as a gay, older man, I dont

seem to be able to meet such wimmin...alas, although did

have a brief flirt with Donna on wimmins forum..she is

sassy also Alaina..more power to youse galz..

Dukkha :D

l :o You tell it how it is gal...the one thing I miss from living in

Australia, is my straight wimmin friends, here it seems very

difficult to encounter the same...as a gay, older man, I dont

seem to be able to meet such wimmin...alas, although did

have a brief flirt with Donna on wimmins forum..she is

sassy also Alaina..more power to youse galz..

Dukkha :D

if gay men liked there men to dress as a women then they would just take a women and have a sex toy this coming from a man who lives with a transsexual :D

I know this will bring down the lightening bolts of condmenation, but I think anyone that wears high heels, especially those stilettos, is nuts. I tried walking in a pair once and nearly ripped my ankle off. Throws your spine out of alignment etc etc. I can see wearing a skirt or dress if you want your boys to have some freedom and some air flow, but I find that the dog has a habit of sticking his snoot up dresses. As for low cut dresses, you have to have some cleavage to make that work, but then you get drunk guys thinking its ok to come up and grab your breasts. The worst part is the makeup hassle. Think about it; you have to spend so much time putting on gunk and then you sweat and the mascara or whatever runs and you feel grimey. When I was a dumb ass punk, my girl friend would put eyeliner (black of course) on me because I would make a line that looked like I had motor control problems.

And think about the extra shaving effort that you have to do. I think it's in the rule book that you can't have a 5 o'clock shadow.

And then there's the bra that is so difficult to get around. I still fumble with people's bras. One advantage gay guys have is that they usually don't have to struggle with getting a partner's bra off. And speaking of dogs, what do you do when the dog runs off with the lingerie? I had to chase after mugsy when he decided to abscond with a bra. Those things are expensive and I got into serious trouble when I brought it back slightly ripped and covered in dog drool. Dogs think bras are great for tug of war.

Most men look laughable when dressed up in woman's clothes... having said that I am all for a bit of forbidden fruit and have obliged the odd woman's demands to wear their underwear and stockings... yep a little bit of bisexuality there. A nice strap-on the next step...

I know this will bring down the lightening bolts of condmenation,

On the contrary we're occasionally willing to be patronised by straight social workers who get their information from surveys. Outsiders are always welcome to express their point of view even if it doesn't fit with our experiences as gay men. This is a gay club. If you're not gay or gay friendly you are strongly advised to GO AWAY.

hmmm the post seemed gay friendly enough to me and I thought it was kinda funny!

Thank you. You just restored my faith that that some people remember what it was like to have silly adventures. The rainbow bursts with colours because it's meant to express inclusivity. There are no outsiders, particularly if hot :o

I didn't understand the prior condescending comment about social workers, since the only one I know that sort of qualifies (palliative care counsellor) is gay and wouldn't be caught dead in drag (It's D&G only with some bargain bin.) We did dress up as a horse one halloween though. He said I was the strongest of us (not) and I had to take the rear. It gave him great joy to anounce in public that I was the power bottom.

hmmm the post seemed gay friendly enough to me and I thought it was kinda funny!

Thank you. You just restored my faith that that some people remember what it was like to have silly adventures. The rainbow bursts with colours because it's meant to express inclusivity. There are no outsiders, particularly if hot :o

I didn't understand the prior condescending comment about social workers, since the only one I know that sort of qualifies (palliative care counsellor) is gay and wouldn't be caught dead in drag (It's D&G only with some bargain bin.) We did dress up as a horse one halloween though. He said I was the strongest of us (not) and I had to take the rear. It gave him great joy to anounce in public that I was the power bottom.

Popshirt, don't you recognize a handjob when you are being given one? This guy is diddling with us.

Popshirt, don't you recognize a handjob when you are being given one? This guy is diddling with us.

Chill. Are you that consumed with paranoia that you perceive anyone that had fun is trying to con you? Talk about a chasm of misunderstanding between age groups.

Younger guys and old folks still young at heart are not going to get upset because they've done the same things or heard similar stories.

Newsflash it's 2007 and while you were hiding out in the 1970's the world advanced. (Kylie Minogue showed up and sent Cher off for some more cosmetic surgery and a new boytoy.) Your typical western or asian kid today doesn't care if someone dresses up like a girl or wears makeup, because even the str8 boys wear Mac. Like hello? Do you even know what the term metrosexual means? Pick up a copy of Maxim or Blender and read up on what "kids" today are doing.

What part don't you understand? When Marilyn Manson dressed up in heavy makeup and a gown he was carrying on the same tradition as the Cure 15 years before him. Trent Reznor is industrial metal's icon. When he isn't raiding his fridge stuffing his jowls he's putting on black nail polish and eyeliner. All those guys are very str8, but they wear the makeup and don't care what anyone thinks. Hello?? When the New York Dolls started wearing dresses onstage, 30 years ago, people gasped. Today when a bunch of very str8 guys like Jimmy Pop Ali can write tunes like I wish I was Queer So I Could Get Chicks, swap some spit with bandmates and play with their genitalia onstage and then rule college campuses everywhere, don't you think something changed along the way? One of the tip offs was when major sporting events started using YMCA as group sing alongs during down time. Another tipoff was when Capri pants jumped from being exclusively "gay" or girl wear to now being part of any guy's closet. (As long as you don't have a big bootie, cuz capris really look bad on a lardbutt.)

If you can only see the evil and not see the good then you are missing the best part of life.

Chill. Are you that consumed with paranoia that you perceive anyone that had fun is trying to con you? Talk about a chasm of misunderstanding between age groups.

Younger guys and old folks still young at heart are not going to get upset because they've done the same things or heard similar stories.

Newsflash it's 2007 and while you were hiding out in the 1970's the world advanced. (Kylie Minogue showed up and sent Cher off for some more cosmetic surgery and a new boytoy.) Your typical western or asian kid today doesn't care if someone dresses up like a girl or wears makeup, because even the str8 boys wear Mac. Like hello? Do you even know what the term metrosexual means? Pick up a copy of Maxim or Blender and read up on what "kids" today are doing.

What part don't you understand? When Marilyn Manson dressed up in heavy makeup and a gown he was carrying on the same tradition as the Cure 15 years before him. Trent Reznor is industrial metal's icon. When he isn't raiding his fridge stuffing his jowls he's putting on black nail polish and eyeliner. All those guys are very str8, but they wear the makeup and don't care what anyone thinks. Hello?? When the New York Dolls started wearing dresses onstage, 30 years ago, people gasped. Today when a bunch of very str8 guys like Jimmy Pop Ali can write tunes like I wish I was Queer So I Could Get Chicks, swap some spit with bandmates and play with their genitalia onstage and then rule college campuses everywhere, don't you think something changed along the way? One of the tip offs was when major sporting events started using YMCA as group sing alongs during down time. Another tipoff was when Capri pants jumped from being exclusively "gay" or girl wear to now being part of any guy's closet. (As long as you don't have a big bootie, cuz capris really look bad on a lardbutt.)

If you can only see the evil and not see the good then you are missing the best part of life.

Do you seriously think that Marilyn Manson, the New York Dolls and black nail varnish really reflect gay life? You think that 'swapping spit' onstage has got anything to do with the everyday life of real gay people?

Do you seriously think that Marilyn Manson, the New York Dolls and black nail varnish really reflect gay life? You think that 'swapping spit' onstage has got anything to do with the everyday life of real gay people?

Like Don Quixote, I come for my windmill.

The topic was dressing like women. The point is that younger people today don't make a big issue out of it. The examples I gave were meant to illustrate the fact that what was once perceived as being "gay" behaviour is no longer considered to be.

Can't you accept the fact that a large part of society doesn't care about something if it's harmless fun? So a guy dresses up like a woman. Big <deleted> deal. People don't care anymore. Maybe they did back in the 70's when you were doing the hustle, but they don't today. Get over it.

I'm done arguing over nothing with you. Life's too short to get mixed up with grouches.

bye

Like Don Quixote, I come for my windmill.

The topic was dressing like women. The point is that younger people today don't make a big issue out of it. The examples I gave were meant to illustrate the fact that what was once perceived as being "gay" behaviour is no longer considered to be.

Can't you accept the fact that a large part of society doesn't care about something if it's harmless fun? So a guy dresses up like a woman. Big <deleted> deal. People don't care anymore. Maybe they did back in the 70's when you were doing the hustle, but they don't today. Get over it.

I'm done arguing over nothing with you. Life's too short to get mixed up with grouches.

bye

Geriatrickid, you didn't post a year ago as "GeraldMickelwhite" did you? He started a thread called "What is a Ladyboy?" and then disappeared. The writing style is very similar. I think the problem many of us are having with your posts is that it takes forever for you to make your point. I didn't know where you were coming from in the post that prompted Endure's reply. And quite frankly, I have neither the time nor the patience to try to interpret your thoughts since they are so convoluted (at least to me). Perhaps we will see you on this board again at some time or perhaps we won't. Either way it is no great loss.