Thousands of domestic tourists visit Koh Larn and Pattaya over 3-day long weekend

Jonathan Fairfield

8196b47f53e6a44696bfa5dd5a4de70a70ce7896e7c2f4081d73917c5bf1fee1.jpeg

Thousands of domestic tourists have flocked to Pattaya and Koh Larn in Chonburi to spend their holidays during a 3-day-long weekend, from September 24th to September 26th following the official approval of Mahidol Day.

Yesterday (September 24th) was Mahidol Day which the Thai cabinet had approved for a special holiday on Friday.

All government offices, notably including Immigration, were closed for the day. It was NOT a dry day, however, so sales of alcohol were allowed. (Although, unfortunately, bars are still legally closed nationwide in Pattaya and Thailand, so only purchasing at a store and bringing home was allowed.) Some more information on the holiday is below.

Full story:  https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/25/thousands-of-domestic-tourists-visit-koh-larn-and-pattaya-over-3-day-long-weekend/

PattayaNews.jpg

Have to say I didn't notice a big increase in traffic yesterday - local restaurant I often use for lunch was quieter than usual and mid afternoon traffic around Big C and Big C itself did not seem as busy as has been. 

Perhaps I was just lucky with my timing?

18 hours ago, topt said:

Have to say I didn't notice a big increase in traffic yesterday - local restaurant I often use for lunch was quieter than usual and mid afternoon traffic around Big C and Big C itself did not seem as busy as has been. 

Perhaps I was just lucky with my timing?

I always notice it based on driving around...... and the aggressive nature of the driving one sees coming into and leaving town.