Being told I have one year to live. While based in Thailand.

JeffersLos

Park your car in front of his house in the same way. If he object point out why it is necessary. Might want to hire a car to do this and set up a cctv camera. If he damages the car you show the footage to the car rental company. Let him deal with them.

By the way , if he goes through with his threat can I put a reserve on any electrical gadgets you won't be needing in 2022.

Cheers in advance.

Edited by Denim
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

You die this year"

"Hi, what"

"This year you die"

"Oh."

"You are dead this year. You are <deleted> dead this year."

Thats sounds very threatening.

What are you going to fo about this?

Does he own the place or rent?

What a horrible situation.

Most police stations allow you to pay 500 Baht a month to check your property at least once a night. They usually install a little red police box and leave a book inside in which to record their visits. The red police box may act as a bit of a deterrent.

If a neigbour is harrasing you (including by blocking access) then you (your wife) can call the police and ask for help. Normally the police will at least talk to the neighbour. After all, the police are now on your payroll.

If escalation is a possibility then, yes, install a discrete security camera and recorder.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

"You are dead this year. You are <deleted> dead this year."

I think you have miscalculated. Sounds to me like you have a mere three months to live.....

I like your writing style, beats heck out of the usual posts, so please spend your last 90 days giving us updates.

P.S. What will you be doing with your motorbike? I'm in the market......

33 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Was the nationality of the neighbour clarified earlier ?

If he is a Thai I would advise  caution. You will need to know his background before involving the police. 

The intelligent manner in which to proceed. 

You never know what you're gonna get here.

Have your wife or someone that speaks Thai and say  muse of been a misunderstanding and got off

the wrong foot ... hopefully that’ll sort it out. If not then decide what to do... not good situation to have 

a problem neighbor.... Good luck

10 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

bullies only understand violence,

take a hammer and break his knees, he will respect you afterward ????

respect or bury, one way or another it will be sorted.

Are you quite an accomplished gangster?

• Haha 1

we had a neighbour like that, but not in thailand.

he came new near out house, and rumor had it that hehas a criminal

record and hisbrother was in jail.

than his sons allways parked in our private parking. we had to go and ask them

nicely to move their car. and they would do it. again and again and again, for allmost a year. than they stopped it.

you see, some people are just like that. they want to show they are the boss.

they want to provoke you. to start a fight. and when you do not respond, and

just talk politely and respectfully, one day they will wake up and stop it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

we had a neighbour like that, but not in thailand.

he came new near out house, and rumor had it that hehas a criminal

record and hisbrother was in jail.

than his sons allways parked in our private parking. we had to go and ask them

nicely to move their car. and they would do it. again and again and again, for allmost a year. than they stopped it.

you see, some people are just like that. they want to show they are the boss.

they want to provoke you. to start a fight. and when you do not respond, and

just talk politely and respectfully, one day they will wake up and stop it.

how patient of you, looks like they walked all over you, I think the hammer on his car would have been more effective :)

9 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

I think the hammer on his car would have been more effective ????

EFFECTIVE for what? to start a war?

that neighbour caused  many problems, for example he used to walk his dog at 3 AM daily. than

allways "lose" him and start calling him loud. or that his sons use to bar-b- que until 5 or 6 in the morning, in the yard, where all the hood can hear and smell them.

but since it is a very - VERY- quiet neighbourhood, with quiet and religious people, nobody confronted

them as they were used to in their previous hard hood, nobody was angry with them, everybody

just smiled and wellcomed them, until one day, around a  year later, they stopped all the nonsense and became also quiet and considerate. i guess they started hearing their noise and got ashamed of themselves.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

I'd be more suspicious of this type of character that allows life's trivial things to eat them up. 

unless you have read the many stories about immature Thai men with guns or machetes who kill people while drunk to save "face".....

4 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Thank you kindly for your replies.

He is from Germany, aged around 30. His partner is a Thai ladyboy.

Apparently a neighbor on the other side of their house had the same issue in the last week.

The police came today and found a bag containing 400 yaba pills under a rock in their garden, the neighbor and wife have been arrested.  

Oh dear.

And after two pages, all the predictable types strongly assumed the verbal assailant was Thai. 

Have we been humbled as of yet?

7 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Thank you kindly for your replies.

He is from Germany, aged around 30. His partner is a Thai ladyboy.

Apparently a neighbor on the other side of their house had the same issue in the last week.

The police came today and found a bag containing 400 yaba pills under a rock in their garden, the neighbor and wife have been arrested.  

So a visit to the neighbour with a big pack of chang/leo/singha/sangsom for a convivial celebration seems in order...

PH

On 9/27/2021 at 11:35 AM, CharlieH said:

Make an official report of the incident and threat with both Management of the complex and the Police.

Anything at all happens in the future to you or proprty no matter how minor and he's got a problem.

I'd add he should install a camera outside his house. My Sinothai neighbors did that to me in 2 different housing estates. In the first estate, they were usually sitting outside watching or waiting for my reaction, but I never flinched. And as I was only renting, I just moved along. 

23 hours ago, EricTh said:

@JeffersLos

Is he Thai or farang? I also have a very selfish neighbour who would park his cars outside my house. He has four to five cars. 

Make a video recording next time when he said those words, it is threatening a life and is illegal.

If he is farang and you are frightened or incapable of sorting him out yourself, pay a couple of Thais to do the business.

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

If he is farang and you are frightened or incapable of sorting him out yourself, pay a couple of Thais to do the business.

If he is Thai, then it is difficult because we are foreigners while they are Thai citizens. They have more rights to Thailand than us in the case of minor skirmishes.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1