Thai police say: "Think before you click!"

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thais have been advised to think before they click - a warning from the RTP about falling prey to online fraudsters.

Spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen warned the public that criminal elements were likely to use the latest government benefits package to the people as a reason or precursor for their activities.

Yesterday and today many Thais in the social security system were due to receive 2,500 baht, reported Daily News.

Krissana said problems online with criminals could come in the form of links on phones, computers, SMS, websites.

Don't click on links you're not sure of and make sure you use OTPs from a trusted source, was the overriding message. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

Whatever you'll say and warn people, there will always be those gullible and credulous one that just has to click and open everything they get on-line. and on those the scammers preys on..

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

just 2 minutes ago I received one CashU  message with a link.  

I delete every message unless i know the person or number. 

General Prayut here been trying to call you for days answer your bleeding phone????

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, steven100 said:

just 2 minutes ago I received one CashU  message with a link.  

I delete every message unless i know the person or number. 

The Govt/Police said a few days ago that phone companies must delete unsolicited messages such as this. Just saw a pig fly past !!!!!

• Haha 1