Thai Airlines Offer Drive-through COVID-19 Testing Service

webfact

b88c3ad1334de13109af3f42f8c462e9_small.jpg

By Subhabhong Rarueysong

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thai Airways International (THAI) and Thai Smile Airways are now offering passengers a drive-thru COVID-19 testing service prior to traveling on their flights.

THAI acting chief executive officer Suvadhana Sibunruang said the service is being provided at the headquarters of Thai Airways International on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road for passengers who have already purchased tickets for both domestic and international flights.

He said the service hours are from 8am until 2pm from Monday to Saturday and will be available until December 31st, adding that an appointment for the drive-thru service needs to be booked at least two days in advance.

The two airlines now require passengers to submit a document regarding the results of their COVID-19 test prior to traveling on either domestic or international flights. The Public Health Ministry has already signed an agreement with the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) and the Airlines Association of Thailand (AAT) to allow the use of the Digital Health Pass in the “Mor Prom” app as an electronic document for domestic flight passengers who are fully vaccinated.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

nnt.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Read the title and I thought that they were doing a drive through for the airlines that had just landed and testing the occupants prior to de-boarding...guess I was wrong as usual when I take a headline to read what I thought it meant.

35 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said the service hours are from 8am until 2pm from Monday to Saturday and will be available until December 31st, adding that an appointment for the drive-thru service needs to be booked at least two days in advance.

Sounds like it is just for those flying Thai Airways and its subsidiaries.  Making an appointment and then driving thru is not really a drive through in the sense of the term, as a drive through is normally just that, you drive thru when you want during the hours of operation.  We have done that twice so far here in BKK at Masterpiece hospital, just driven through, and paid the fee, then waited until they e-mailed us the results.

9 hours ago, geistfunke said:

Thank you very much, but as a healthy person I reject tests, masks and injections on principle. I am healthy and would like to stay healthy. So I guess you'll have to do without my money and I'll make myself comfortable where I am right now. Call me when the nonsense is over and flying is fun again for healthy people.

If you severed  your  leg would you ask for help then?

11 hours ago, JoePai said:

Why - you can still have Covid even if fully vaccinated

what they gonna  do test FOREVER ridiculous heres  why not

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/09/the-vaccinated-arent-just-as-likely-to-spread-covid/620161/ 

So let me make one thing clear: Vaccinated people are not as likely to spread the coronavirus as the unvaccinated. Even in the United States, where more than half of the population is fully vaccinated, the unvaccinated are responsible for the overwhelming majority of transmission.

Edited by onthedarkside
font sizing corrected
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, geistfunke said:

Thank you very much, but as a healthy person I reject tests, masks and injections on principle. I am healthy and would like to stay healthy. So I guess you'll have to do without my money and I'll make myself comfortable where I am right now. Call me when the nonsense is over and flying is fun again for healthy people.

I hope you are a Thai citizen then as otherwise you will be forced to get tested and a vaccine, and quite rightly so. 

24 minutes ago, geistfunke said:

I have a lot to say. You sound like the type of foreigner that Anutin met whom refused to take the free masks he was handing out, and refused to wear masks. 

There are laws about wearing masks now and if you don't obey, you should be sent back to Germany, we dont want you here. 

I suspect you are all talk and wouldn't go to immigration without a mask. If you do, I hope you are refused stay. Keep your protests to your own country, where you have Constitutional rights, as you have none here. 

• Haha 1

surely, having this service at each airport and opened 24h would be sensible.

Even if it's just one nurse per shift.

They sit on a gold mine, yet on the verge of bankruptcy.

Not many people will bother to drive to their QH, if they can get tests in every hospital and clinic. But having it at the airport do extend validity of tests beyond just landing at destination. Travellers will have chance to use them to use public transport. If short weekend brake they even would be able to use it on return flight, saving money and time