Tourism to the US

smutcakes

Not sure this is the correct place for it, but is anyone aware, have traveled or investigated whether it is currently possible to travel from Thailand to the US and a non US National? I.e get the appropriate visa for tourism, provide documentation required in terms of Covid vaccinations etc- are the US physcially accepting tourists?

I tried the relevant US dept websites, but they are literally page after page of things, nowhere a simple yes/no. Same with emailing them, simply referred to another website with no clear answer. Tried calling them, but seemingly the auto prompters dont work properly.....

The simple yes or no days are gone for now.   In short, almost any in the following group can go to the US who are: U.S. citizens, permanent residents, holders of a valid U.S. visas/ESTA.   You just need: a (within 72 hours of departure) COVID-19 negative test certificate and CDC Attestation form (the airline check in counter will have this for you if you didn't print it out for yourself in advance). 

And then there is the one major exception (that's soon to be lifted... Not sure what date exactly): you cannot (unless you're a US citizen) have been present in these countries within 14 days before your planned arrival in the US: China, Iran, Schengen area countries, United Kingdom, Ireland, Brazil, S. Africa, or India.  *with a few exceptions afforded to spouses, children, and parents of US citizens 

So basically if you're inquiring as to whether Thais can go.... Sure, as long as they have a valid visa or happen to hold an additional passport that doesn't require a US visa. 

Edited by Heng

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Many Thai nationals have traveled to the US in the past few months for jabs.

Thanks I thought that, there just seems to be no direct information on it. I see Thais going for jabs 6 months or so ago, but not so much recently which made me think the rules might have been changed.

19 minutes ago, Heng said:

The simple yes or no days are gone for now.   In short, almost any in the following group can go to the US who are: U.S. citizens, permanent residents, holders of a valid U.S. visas/ESTA.   You just need: a (within 72 hours of departure) COVID-19 negative test certificate and CDC Attestation form (the airline check in counter will have this for you if you didn't print it out for yourself in advance). 

And then there is the one major exception (that's soon to be lifted... Not sure what date exactly): you cannot (unless you're a US citizen) have been present in these countries within 14 days before your planned arrival in the US: China, Iran, Schengen area countries, United Kingdom, Ireland, Brazil, S. Africa, or India.  *with a few exceptions afforded to spouses, children, and parents of US citizens 

So basically if you're inquiring as to whether Thais can go.... Sure, as long as they have a valid visa or happen to hold an additional passport that doesn't require a US visa. 

I am speaking for myself, i suppose my question is would they be issuing tourist visas, electronically I used to get as a UK passport holder, or are they not issuing new tourist visas currently.

2 hours ago, smutcakes said:

I am speaking for myself, i suppose my question is would they be issuing tourist visas, electronically I used to get as a UK passport holder, or are they not issuing new tourist visas currently.

UK passport holders don't need a visa to go to the US.   Google says all you need is an ESTA.   So you're good to go as long as you aren't flying from a restricted country.  DYDD of course.