Drivers Licence renewal Phuket

alphason

Completed car renewal 5 to 5 years last week.

Much better having this appointment system hope it continues, was in at 8AM out before 8.30AM, very simple.

Cost for car only was 500B + 5B total 505Baht, they didn't charge for any printing/photo this time.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 2:44 PM, skatewash said:

Really?  I'm assuming he received two 5-year licenses, one for motorcycle and one for a car.

Cost of 5-year motorcycle license:    55 baht
Cost of 5-year car license:               605 baht
Cost of printing licenses 50/each    100 baht
                                            Total:       760 baht

Sounds normal to me.  I believe that's what I paid.  Don't know the reason Phuket LTO charges 50 baht/license for printing, but they do.

Seems to agree with this article:

https://thethaiger.com/other-services/drivers-license/guides/how-to-apply-for-a-thai-driving-license/#:~:text=The Cost of Obtaining a Thai Driving License,-The cost of&text=Driving license – The fee for,the upgrade is 55 Baht.

I did not have the info of 2 licences. A car licence cost 505 baht. But printing of licences is a nice thee money if everyone is paying this, I doubt it.

3 hours ago, Max Brok said:

I did not have the info of 2 licences. A car licence cost 505 baht. But printing of licences is a nice thee money if everyone is paying this, I doubt it.

Teamoney? Not at all, that is what is standard printed on the receipts, all legit.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my long awaited renewal date. In early at 08.40. Out with new license 09.10. Car only 505 baht. Excellent service.

On my way out I witnessed a foreigner shouting at reception staff that he had to wait 30 days for a date. I waited 75 days,  What a rude fellow.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Finally got my long awaited renewal date. In early at 08.40. Out with new license 09.10. Car only 505 baht. Excellent service.

On my way out I witnessed a foreigner shouting at reception staff that he had to wait 30 days for a date. I waited 75 days,  What a rude fellow.  

I waited zero days. I made the examination to get a Q-code in The Netherlands and the appointment in Thailand in October and the date a month before expiration February 5 of the first 2 years. Good planning then you not have to Wait.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 2/14/2022 at 5:04 PM, Max Brok said:

I waited zero days. I made the examination to get a Q-code in The Netherlands and the appointment in Thailand in October and the date a month before expiration February 5 of the first 2 years. Good planning then you not have to Wait.

So you made the appointment in October and had the date in January. I'd say that's a 3 months wait.

On 2/14/2022 at 4:38 PM, LivinginKata said:

LivingKata

Thanks for information and was trying to find out and I suppose can go in the Kanchanaburi DLT and my current 5 year Thai  license runs out 22nd May 2022 and yes realise I will have to have my yellow book, my pink Id card my current licence and the Doctors certificate.
Anything else and thought one can just go to the offices from the start of 2022 and wondering how long one has to wait for an appointment and is there a period of grace but in the meantime if stopped by the police it could be difficult.
I think there is a website but yes could go in to Kanchanaburi DLT to find out further.
Re: The Doctors certificate is there a standard one or can an ordinary doctors not sufficient.
Thanks all

Thanks all

Edited by jwest10

4 hours ago, jwest10 said:

LivingKata

Thanks for information and was trying to find out and I suppose can go in the Kanchanaburi DLT and my current 5 year Thai  license runs out 22nd May 2022 and yes realise I will have to have my yellow book, my pink Id card my current licence and the Doctors certificate.
Anything else and thought one can just go to the offices from the start of 2022 and wondering how long one has to wait for an appointment and is there a period of grace but in the meantime if stopped by the police it could be difficult.
I think there is a website but yes could go in to Kanchanaburi DLT to find out further.
Re: The Doctors certificate is there a standard one or can an ordinary doctors not sufficient.
Thanks all

Thanks all

I did not need not need medical certificate.

No doubt each area has it owe interpretation of 'the rules' 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 6:50 PM, LivinginKata said:

I did not need not need medical certificate.

No doubt each area has it owe interpretation of 'the rules' 

Thanks Living in Kata

Is it have to be done via an appointment system and if so how far in advance of May maturity and also is there a website but when I can will try to go in to Kanchanaburi DLT and ask and thought the offices reopened from January 2022
Thanks all

Edited by jwest10