ThailandPlus App - how to get it to work, support?

OneMoreFarang

To enter Thailand now one condition is to install and setup the ThailandPlus App.

I installed it on an Android phone and I see the logo when it starts and then nothing happens anymore.

I tried the usual uninstall, reinstall procedure. Same result.

Any ideas what to do or where to get help?

Here is the official manual how it is supposed to work.

ThailandPlus.pdf

8 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Thailand Plus is not required to enter Thailand, though there is a lot of erroneous information to that effect around.  The Mor Chana app is the one that is required.  As a bonus Thailand Plus doesn't actually work at the moment.

Things may have changed. 

Thailand Plus App was a requirement to enter Thailand into ASQ in Bangkok - It was checked at the departing airport and upon arrival (in April).

Mor Changa App was a required to enter Thailand into The SandBox scheme in Phuket - this was checked upon arrival in Phuket (on September)

There has since been lengthy discussion in another thread regarding the necessity to own a smart phone to enter Thailand. It was reported that while many people had to show that they had these Apps downloaded, many were not. 

Whether or not there is a continued requirement to have the Apps downloaded remains to be seen. 

Personally, if you are struggling with getting the App set up, I wouldn’t worry too much about it until arrival, then ask one of the many ‘hazmat staff’ who check your documents when you get off the plane. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

I used the Phuket sandbox and we had to scan and then show the QR code each day, we were told to use Mor Chana

i had multipe issues with it at my hotel but the staff at hotel entered my details manually.

I also used Thailand plus app when i did an ASQ earlier this year, I dont really remember using the Thailand plus app during my ASQ.

i use an Iphone an had no issue installing and opening the app for use the first time. 

23 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Thailand Plus is not required to enter Thailand, though there is a lot of erroneous information to that effect around.  The Mor Chana app is the one that is required.  As a bonus Thailand Plus doesn't actually work at the moment.

I received the information yesterday, 29-Sep-2021, from a Thai embassy that ThailandPlus is required.

Let's see...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I received the information yesterday, 29-Sep-2021, from a Thai embassy that ThailandPlus is required.

Let's see...

g'day mate. the devs have released a patched version of the app but it's not available in the Play Store yet. if you really want the app immediately then check out the following screenshot, devs are leaving this message on the one star reviews ...

Screenshot_20210930-160150_Google Play Store.jpg

37 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Tried the Thailand Plus app. It installed but that was far as it went, no reaction. Now uninstalled.

I have the Mor Chana app which simply tells me that I am in a very low risk area, (even though the lady at my Mom & Pop shop 2km away has Covid) and that if I turn Bluetooth on, it will react if I go near an infected/reported person who also has the app.

Have the Mor Prom app which tells about my vaccinations, shows the Certificate & QR code. This one seems important.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lemsta69 said:

g'day mate. the devs have released a patched version of the app but it's not available in the Play Store yet. if you really want the app immediately then check out the following screenshot, devs are leaving this message on the one star reviews ...

Screenshot_20210930-160150_Google Play Store.jpg

Thanks

But everybody should be aware that downloading an app outside of the store is a security risk. It's up to you if you want to take that risk.