Asean Now connection

Kwasaki

34 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I found a way to install the new Root Certificates on his PC (Any comments from the Techies ???)

Pre-requisites are:

1- "CERTUTIL" must be installed

2- Must be able to load a Admin Command Prompt

Steps

1- Download the Certs from here and place them in a easily accessible directory

http://ctldl.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab

2- Unzip the stl cab file (any unzipper should work)

2- Start the Admin CMD prompt, change to the directory where the STL is located and run the following

certutil -addstore -f root authroot.stl

What no torque settings. ????????

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks for your concern but this has only just happened, I'd rather use the shop they good people I know this because my son knows them and he is into computers and isn't coming up from Bkk for a good while. 

I haven't been there for years since I bought the Asus laptop computer haven't needed too. 

It's not about 'good people'. I guarantee they won't do anything with installing Root Certificates.

I've been around here a while and have almost never seen them do a job properly.

But so many people here have got used to buying pirated software in Thailand, along with crude hacks, that they just accept it as the norm.

Laptops are much easier to deal with than motor vehicles. Just like you could probably talk me through an issue with my motorbike, I can talk you through  the very simple steps to update your PC.

It's really a doddle when you know how.

5 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

It's not about 'good people'. I guarantee they won't do anything with installing Root Certificates.

I've been around here a while and have almost never seen them do a job properly.

But so many people here have got used to buying pirated software in Thailand, along with crude hacks, that they just accept it as the norm.

Laptops are much easier to deal with than motor vehicles. Just like you could probably talk me through an issue with my motorbike, I can talk you through  the very simple steps to update your PC.

It's really a doddle when you know how.

That's a kind offer I really have no interest in doing it myself. 

If you want to come to Old City you can fix it and I'll buy ya beer. ????????

9 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Don't drink alcohol and it's too far ????

Again thanks but my bike, and Truck,  Archery & shooting, supervising the farm is my main concern not getting on AN with my computer I can get it with phone and do away with on my computer no problem. 

17 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

If you are resistant to moving, then at least learn how to keep Windows 7 updated. Windows 7 IS still getting updates, but you need to know how to download and install them.

I'm using Windows 7 and there's no problems.

It's never been updated since it was installed.

I do use Slimjet browser (variation on Chrome)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roger That said:

Sorry but the only real solution here is to update to Windows 10. Ask your trusted computer shop to do that rather than waste time and money trying to fix this problem.

Yeah I'll probably get around to it sometime ANF is the only site that my computer comes up with the unsafe site warning.

I feel it happened on Netflix I'll be down to town in a flash. ????????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm using Windows 7 and there's no problems.

It's never been updated since it was installed.

I do use Slimjet browser (variation on Chrome)

My browser is Google chrome I guess ???? my daughter set me up on it way back and it protects my computer, I can run a computer check if I want but it warms me of stuff anyway so that's good enough.

If I go into computer and go to Microsoft for updates a Microsoft screen comes up saying "There are no updates available".

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

My browser is Google chrome I guess ???? my daughter set me up on it way back and it protects my computer, I can run a computer check if I want but it warms me of stuff anyway so that's good enough.

If I go into computer and go to Microsoft for updates a Microsoft screen comes up saying "There are no updates available".

https://www.slimjet.com/

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

I started getting problems yesterday,windows 7 ultimate.

It only affects google chrome browser,firefox ok.

Did the cmd slmgr - rearm which got rid of the message on start up.

It could be (just guessing here) that the slmgr command also updates the Root Certs, which makes sense. But IMHO it's not wise to use this command on PC with a copy version of Windows. But that said Windows 7 was not that stringent about licenses as Windows 10 is!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2021 at 3:41 AM, Kwasaki said:

Try navigating to this link; https://valid-isrgrootx1.letsencrypt.org/ to see it it helps.

19 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Try navigating to this link; https://valid-isrgrootx1.letsencrypt.org/ to see it it helps.

Yes I will thanks again for your help I will give it try. 

A funny thing happened last evening I looked at my emails went on my UK on-line bank and when I log off from my bank I always to a history clear and check with the google check thingy.

I click on AN in the bookmark bar and AN came straight on, I  don't ever bother logging out. 

Went to Netflix then later looked at AN again but the warning came up this time. 

I will try when I get home this evening.

Regards  K. 

Edited by Kwasaki

Visit the Let's Encrypt certificates page - https://letsencrypt.org/certificates/

Right-click on the ISRG Root X1 self-signed .der link (isrgrootx1.der) and choose "Save Link As..."

Save the file onto your desktop.

Double-click on the certificate on your desktop.

Click "Install Certificate".

Follow the wizard by pressing "Next" until "Finish". Do not change any options.

Close the certificate window, and close Google Chrome.

Re-open Chrome and try viewing the test URL again.

Then check the websites that formerly had issues.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Visit the Let's Encrypt certificates page - https://letsencrypt.org/certificates/

Right-click on the ISRG Root X1 self-signed .der link (isrgrootx1.der) and choose "Save Link As..."

Save the file onto your desktop.

Double-click on the certificate on your desktop.

Click "Install Certificate".

Follow the wizard by pressing "Next" until "Finish". Do not change any options.

Close the certificate window, and close Google Chrome.

Re-open Chrome and try viewing the test URL again.

Then check the websites that formerly had issues.

Will give a try when I get time thanks again for helping.