Do you shower before getting in your condo pool in Thailand?

bbabythai

9 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Absolutely.....and I would shower to swim in any public pool in any climate......even if I had just showered at home.....it is called doing the decent thing

Siwilai....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, bbabythai said:

Once a month I stay in a holiday rental high rise condo building. It has a long/ wide pool for everyone to enjoy.

The other day I arrived, stripped off down to my board shorts and jumped in. Noticed an old guy watching me. 

He got out of the pool after a few minutes and walked over to me. Using a polite tone he asked if I could next time take a shower before getting in the pool. He said 'everyone needs to do it'. I nodded my head. 

I suppose he is correct as Thailand is a hot country- we all have sweating bodies. He wasn't acting like a xxxx head or anything. Afterwards I thought I will do it as its more hygienic for everyone. I think he assumes that no one takes a shower up in their condo prior to heading to the pool. 

Thought I would see what everyone else does at their own condo. How would you react if a stranger approached you and asked you to comply with the rules of the pool..... Does a little bit of sweat on a human body mixed up with thousands of litres of chlorinated water bother you?

We have quite a few of those who pretend to have a shower. They go into the cubicle, turn the water on and walk straight out again. Often the water not even touching them.  Filthy pigs. Usually the older types, but sometimes the odd  Asian woman...and the children...if they can get away with it.

• Haha 1

My condo building has 2 pools. One on the bottom floor with hot/cold water showers in the toilet and rooftop with outside shower next to the pool. I always use the pool downstairs because I hate showering with cold water. I will go upstairs only if I'm alone with wife and no I won't shower.

I don't pee in the pool which is certainly more gross