Sandbox Visa Information

uli65

some friends would like to come with the sandbox programm. I could not find information about the visa options.

do you get the visa on arrival with 30 days or can you apply for longer stay at the embassy in your home country.

can you get a tourist visa extension after sandbox is finished?

thanks to all for information

7 hours ago, gim12 said:

might have changed but.....   @1 month ago Thai consulate in LOS said no visas on arrival for USC but again that was awhile ago and things change daily with the  sandtrap rules

There are not now and have never been visa on arrival for USA passport holders.

"There are not now and have never been visa on arrival for USA passport holders." 
correct, but as a USC, and    if you qualify depending on the length of stay  and reason for visit, you do not get a visa on arrival but are "visa exempt"

"As one of the Countries listed for Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival, U.S. Passport Holders are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes and will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 30 days** on each visit  ...Sep 28, 2021

5 hours ago, gim12 said:
"There are not now and have never been visa on arrival for USA passport holders." 
correct, but as a USC, and    if you qualify depending on the length of stay  and reason for visit, you do not get a visa on arrival but are "visa exempt"

"As one of the Countries listed for Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival, U.S. Passport Holders are not required to obtain a visa when entering Thailand for tourism purposes and will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 30 days** on each visit  ...Sep 28, 2021

Very true, which is why I stated that statement from Thai consulate in los that visa on arrival is not applicable to usc is very true.

I am confused though by 'thai consulate in los', maybe you mean LA?

So it hasn't changed, visa on arrival not available to usc.

you are correct-again, by LOS I meant los angeles, calif and to clear up my poorly written posts, visa on arrival is not available for usc.   for usc tourists staying less than 30 days no visa required as they are considered, "visa exempt"

• Like 1