Building a Garden / Landscapping

JayBird

I'm interested in building a garden, one of those picturesque gardens with trees, nice lawn, flower beds, etc.  Talking, 'Secret Garden' type garden here.

Anyone can point me in the right direction with regard to who would do this and what kind of price I would be looking at?

Note: I am not particular about exactly which type of tree/flora I get, so not looking for 'exotic' or expensive plants.  

Thank you. 

• Like 1

Just signed into this forum because I saw your enquiry while I was browsing this site. I am in the (so far six year) process of creating a garden. Your soil is number one. You need to make sure everything goes into good soil. Buy your plants in a plant market and not the small plant nurseries, usually better plants, cheaper. There's a big one next door to Mini Siam on Sukhumvit. It's on the other side of the road from BKK/Patt Hospital. It's a weekend market only.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 1:10 PM, bbko said:

Did the OP give a location or is that part of the "secret garden"? ????

I'm just looking for general prices.  I.e., 1M to do 100sqm, or 10M to do 100sqm.

Hiring a landscape artist to help design and layout the garden.

Etc.

Right now, I'm still no idea if I'm looking at spending 100k or 10M ????

How big is the total land area that you want to garden? You mention 100sqm, is that all of it? 100sqm is not really a big area. 100k baht buys a lot of decent sized plants. I have hundreds of plants and trees in my garden and I did not spend 1000B on any single plant/tree. For example, I bought palm trees 2-3 metres high for 400-600B each. Putting a garden in with very big established trees and shrubs will cost a lot but everything grows so fast here, so there's no real need to buy those big ones. If you are putting in footpaths, stone walls, a pond, gazebo or other features then the price soon rises. Talking about spending a million baht - that's a huge amount for a garden, especially if it is only 100sqm.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 9:15 AM, JayBird said:

Anyone can point me in the right direction with regard to who would do this and what kind of price I would be looking at?

As mentioned, there are decent garden designers available but there is no way to guestimate a cost until you sit down with someone and establish a plan.  Will you need fencing?  Walkways?  Excavation?  Etc.  Thailand is fairly inexpensive to populate a garden with nice plants but keeping them looking good (and living) will require ongoing maintenance.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 8:11 PM, Kenny Kenny said:

Talking about spending a million baht - that's a huge amount for a garden, especially if it is only 100sqm.

Very small indeed, only 10 meters by 10 meters ?? Must be some mistake. Our front garden is that big. Back garden about 200sqm. As another poster remarked , I am also still adding final touches after 6 years.