Rescue workers try to save hundreds of pigs from drowning in flood water

snoop1130

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivY79cLJb6hPQVgEUi6jA0cj9bR2I5sVlF4lie9.jpg

Many pigs have drowned while some were saved by rescue workers after water from the swollen Chi River swept into riverside pig farms in Phra Yuen district of Thailand’s north-eastern province of Khon Kaen.

Some pig farmers told Thai PBS reporters that the floodwater came so fast that they were unable to move their pigs to higher ground in time. Rescue workers and farm employees were deployed to save as many pigs as possible, while the other animals, which were swept away by currents into the Chi River, were left to drown.

13 districts in Khon Kaen province are still flooded today (Tuesday). They are Chumpae, Nong Rua, Phupa Marn, Wang Noi, Wang Yai, Manja Khiri, Kok Pho Chai, Muang, Chonnabot, Ban Phai, Ban Haet, Phu Wiang and Phra Yuen. About 11,800 hectares have been affected.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/rescue-workers-try-to-save-hundreds-of-pigs-from-drowning-in-flood-water/

Logo-top-.png

32 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Sad the farmers didn't foresee trouble and act accordingly.

I suspect that most pig farmers don’t have too much experience with the science of Meteorology, as from what I have seen over the years do those employed by the Thai weather bureau, or in fact in my home country Australia.