Non imm O based on marriage 400k requirements

Apologies if I get the terms wrong, asking on behalf of a mate. He has a Non imm O 'work based' and is switching to marriage based with the requirement for 400k in the bank.

1. Is it 2 or 3 months that the money needs to be in the bank before application.

2. Does the money need to come from overseas?

3. When can the money be withdrawn?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Risky. When I asked if I could access during the approval period I was told No very firmly. To answer your question, you live on the money that you have over and above the 400,000. If you can't do that then you run the risk of the extension being refused. The fact that you have 'always dipped into' in the past doesn't mean you can get away with it next time. If they check your account, and they might, and if the IO is having a bad day, as he or she might, then the problem is yours, not theirs.

I think Ubonjoe can confirm that there's no written rule stipulating that it must be untouched for 30 days after application. 

If there is, please share the written regulation with us all.

I have many times dipped into mine. 

These covid days, just roll up on the date, hand in your passport to someone (whilst waiting outside in the tent) and wait til they call your name (outside ) and are handed back your stamped passport. 

That's at PT IO.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Come on! How long have you been in Thailand? Surely you know that there doesn't have to be a written rule. The rule is whatever the uniform says it is, and arguing about it will get you nowhere.

But up to you if you want to risk it. Why should I care. I was just saying that you might get unlucky.

Yes you're quite right. Like how many photos of what size and how pasted on the paper !

I guess the safe thing is not to touch it. But it's meant to be there to live on. 

So iffy compared to the very clear cut regs/rules on money for retirement extensions. 

7 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Yes you're quite right. Like how many photos of what size and how pasted on the paper !

I guess the safe thing is not to touch it. But it's meant to be there to live on. 

So iffy compared to the very clear cut regs/rules on money for retirement extensions. 

I let them paste the photos on the paper ???? Safest way.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Personally I have always dipped into the 400,000 immediately after the application.

What do they expect you to live on?

Live the same way as during the 2 months before application when you need to have at least Bt400K?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, orchidfan said:

I think Ubonjoe can confirm that there's no written rule stipulating that it must be untouched for 30 days after application. 

If there is, please share the written regulation with us all.

I have many times dipped into mine. 

These covid days, just roll up on the date, hand in your passport to someone (whilst waiting outside in the tent) and wait til they call your name (outside ) and are handed back your stamped passport. 

That's at PT IO.

Did my marriage extension application last Monday at CW.  Was told to bring my updated bank book when I came back for my stamp.  Will do. They make their own rules - arguing is a waste of time.

On 10/6/2021 at 5:34 PM, ubonjoe said:

1. It is 2 months.

2. No

3. When you get your extension stamp at the end of the 30 day under consideration period after your extension of stay application is accepted.

Hi Joe

can you please print a list of requirements for marriage ,here in Pattaya ,thanks in advance ,i lost mine ,married in UK but all marriage  paperwork done before covid . so have translations etc.