New James Bond Movie

Worldplus

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

But only if, played by "a trans gender, wheelchair-bound, PTSD suffering" acting-person.  Don't know the PC gender neutral term for 'actor / actress'

actperson ??? 555

• Like 1

For me, there are three James Bond actors that have really shaped the character.  In my view, they portrayed secret agents at different stages in their career

Sean Connery portrayed him as an experienced agent, a bit rough around the edges, but at the prime of his career and knowing what he could get away with, and looking at a decline in the future.  He's a secret agent because its his job and he's making the most of it while he can.

Roger Moore (despite being older than Connery) portrayed a younger, more flamboyant agent on the up, taking his chances and opportunities where he could.  He wants to enjoy his career as a secret agent.

Daniel Craig portrays a man past his prime career-wise, who has had enough of it, and only stays in the job because it needs done and if they had anyone else he would gladly step aside, but until then, he'll do what needs to be done his way, whatever anyone else says.

I'd like to see the next James Bond someone different - maybe a complete decrepit, in a wheel chair - Colinneil is the obvious candidate here despite his relative youth, or perhaps a rank outsider who clearly does  not fit in with the MI5 establishment- maybe Jingthing as a younger man, or a garrulous pontificating academic like GammaGlobulin.

In any case, I am sure that the next James Bond will be drawn from the ranks of this forum.  Remember - you heard it here first. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw it yesterday. Enjoyed it, but a bit too long.

The ending does beg the question of what happens next. Will they no longer been known as Bond movies? Or will he be resurrected as a "new age woke man" as seems to be the trend nowadays.

On 10/8/2021 at 4:34 PM, Worldplus said:

Found it a little boring.

After ThaiVisa can anything measure up ?

I'm hoping the next "Bond" is selected from among the ThaiVisa Moderators...now that would be exciting !

Edited by tonray

On 10/9/2021 at 2:14 PM, Card said:

I also saw it yesterday. Far too long and that's why it gets boring towards the end. The franchise has turned into just a cliche of the inevitable car chases, diving off high places and evil geniuses. It started off well but then sunk into a long list of the inevitable. I also have trouble these days linking up events and plots and characters. I just wait for the next car crash and forget about the plot.

I liked it up to the last bit. I can't say too much as would be spoilers, but IMO they should never have had the completely irrelevant sub plot involving a little thing ( those seen it will know what the little thing is ). Added nothing of any importance whatsoever to the plot.

They could have shortened the movie by half an hour and it would have been better for it, IMO.

I'll comment more fully after everyone has had the chance to see the movie in the cinema.

At least they used the proper Bond car, instead of the foreign thing.

Edited by thaibeachlovers