Australian Tourist Visa to visit Thailand 2021

Yes, I know I've asked similar questions for the past 18 months, but the situation has changed with covid, vaccines etc.

i am fully vaccinated with av. i was looking at trying for a Certificate of Entry (COE) to visit thailand but read this is not a requirment now

also see that qatar and singapore airlines are offerering tickets to thailand 

what's the current situation, can I book a ticket to spend christmas in pattaya?

2 hours ago, Frankie072 said:

i was looking at trying for a Certificate of Entry (COE) to visit thailand but read this is not a requirment now

Where did you read that? It's still required and no doubt will be for the rest of the year at least.

It's a constantly changing situation bar coe though that could change as the major and I repeat major problem for all entering Thailand. Insurance, accommodation, shplus, even flights possible, it's dealing with embassy's and consulates, in a restricted and unreliable fashion, scares most would be travellers. Dump coe.....,.visa on arrival touted by some. Still infections are around 10000 and even if double vaccinated your not 100% immune. I'm in Sydney, more waiting Monday, freedom day than pursuing Xmas in Thailand. Next year's challenge, when conditions for entertaining Thailand ease or tourism to Thailand from Thai authorities bad air ATM.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thailand is replacing the COE with the Thailand Pass effective November 1st.

At this time if fully vaccinated you can enter the country with only a one night stay needed in a SHA+ hotel while waiting for a negative covid 19 test result. After that you are free to travel wherever you want to.

You should have no problem with spending Christmas in Pattaya.