Planning to come back to Thailand in November.

On the COE application they require the vaccination certificate to have your passport number.

However in Scotland this is not included and I do not know how it can be achieved despite many web searches.

If anyone has gone through the process already and can assist it would be much appreciated

Thanks

14 minutes ago, treetops said:

I got mine a few days ago using an NHS Scotland vaccination certificate with no passport number.  No problems.  I think the Embassy will be used to what is issued in their areas of coverage.

Thanks for that Treetops, always a worry dealing with the authorities and paperwork as the can be really pedantic at times.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am certain it will be needed for some time to come.

The need for covid 19 insurance and etc will still be needed.

Yes that is my thoughts to, there has just been a recent announcement made on here by a government spokesman saying the re-opening will go ahead for other provinces on Nov 1. There is no details about the requirements and a lot of ifs and buts

On thai visa own insurance policy it states covid 19 covered

I am still in ireland if I apply and pay for said insurance before I travel to Thailand will the policy count as acceptable to enter the country??  Or will I have to obtain another policy just for covid 19 cover

2 minutes ago, beaufoy said:

On thai visa own insurance policy it states covid 19 covered

I am still in ireland if I apply and pay for said insurance before I travel to Thailand will the policy count as acceptable to enter the country??  Or will I have to obtain another policy just for covid 19 cover

The covid 19 insurance must cover $100,000 for treatment if infected.

36 minutes ago, JRG23 said:

I have a Social Security Card (with work permit).

If have Social Security Card do you require COE?

I am living in Thailand and have health insurance. Is this sufficient?

Thank you

Every arrival, foreign or Thai needs a CoE.

You need a Certificate of Insurance (which states Covid cover up to or over US$100,000)

If not vaccinated you need to book ASQ (quarantine hotel).

If vaccinated you can ‘Island quarantine’ (Phuket Sandbox, or Samui Plus) - you’ll need to book an SHA+ certified hotel.

Edited by richard_smith237

On the insurance company that features in this forum. They list policies  gold silver bronze then they list what they call visa friendly cover which at first sight is the same as their gold or silver.....what exactly do they mean by visa friendly

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Every arrival, foreign or Thai needs a CoE.

You need a Certificate of Insurance (which states Covid cover up to or over US$100,000)

If not vaccinated you need to book ASQ (quarantine hotel).

If vaccinated you can ‘Island quarantine’ (Phuket Sandbox, or Samui Plus) - you’ll need to book an SHA+ certified hotel.

Thanks!

So for the COE, how long does the insurance have to be? My digital work permit expires in March 2022. Until then? Or for one year? Thank you!

My COVID vaccination here in the USA is attached.  The little white CDC card the pharmacy issues is so easy to fake.  No stamps or anything like that. The pharmacy did also give me a piece of paper with some more details such as my full name, address, the name and address of the pharmacy, phone numbers, etc.  It even has a bar code that probably makes it less easy for a casul hacker to fake such a thing.  But the Vaccination card itself is nothing.

vaccineInfo - Copy.jpg

Edited by gk10012001

On 10/10/2021 at 11:00 AM, ubonjoe said:

The covid 19 insurance must cover $100,000 for treatment if infected.

Hello again I have tickets leaving ireland to thailand 10 nov and return 6 feb this matches the 3 month visa which i have, but chances are the return ticket will not be used because I will get a marriage or retirement visa when I arrive. Now my flights are with qatar who will let me change the date for nothing or near to nothing. If I bring forward dep to 2 nov then my return will be after the 3 month deadline ...will immigration worry about a couple of days...ie should i change the date of the return trip even though i suspect it will not be used

6 hours ago, beaufoy said:

Hello again I have tickets leaving ireland to thailand 10 nov and return 6 feb this matches the 3 month visa which i have, but chances are the return ticket will not be used because I will get a marriage or retirement visa when I arrive.

What visa do you have that allows a 3 month stay?

If you have a valid visa a return or onward ticket is not required. 

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What visa do you have that allows a 3 month stay?

If you have a valid visa a return or onward ticket is not required. 

You seem to be an expert on most things thailand so let us have another go ...my wife is thai and we are intending to buy a condo ...how much will we save if we buy a thai registered condo in my wife's name

5 hours ago, beaufoy said:

You seem to be an expert on most things thailand so let us have another go ...my wife is thai and we are intending to buy a condo ...how much will we save if we buy a thai registered condo in my wife's name

I have no idea what you would save. Buying in your wife's name means there will be a greater choice of condos.

5 hours ago, beaufoy said:

it depends on the condo block or location etc.

In a popular block/location where the foreign quota is full, then a foreign quota condo demands a premium. If there is plenty of foreign quota available in the block then little to no price difference. New from a developer, foreign quota is often more, but again, its often just a case of supply/demand.