3bb international bandwidth

dannyb123

I've been using a 3bb 1000/100 connection the past few months and it's been very reliable for the most part, streaming 4k encodes from a server in Germany.

But the past week the connection has fallen off a cliff. Normally connecting via a VPN in Singapore has resolved any issues but even that is very slow. The only conclusion I can come to is either 3bb are throttling my connection to all nordvpn servers plus the server in Germany or there is some new issue related to the international gateway / bandwidth out of Thailand.

Even a multithreaded speed test to 3bb servers within Thailand was giving results of 7Mbps. After calling 3bb they resolved that but the international speeds remain abysmal.

Would changing ISP make any difference?

5 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

I use 3BBB with fiber connection and an international plan fast with no problems. 

I doubt any other ISP will be faster.

VPNs tend to slow things down so I don't use them

You have an international plan?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Yes, I have fiber optics and an international plan so always smooth connections.

What is an 'International Plan' please?

I have 3BB 1000/500 and Express VPN and have no problems streaming or downloading anything. You need 5 Mb/s for HD and at least 25 Mb/s for 4K.

On 10/16/2021 at 9:52 AM, KannikaP said:

What is an 'International Plan' please?

I have 3BB 1000/500 and Express VPN and have no problems streaming or downloading anything. You need 5 Mb/s for HD and at least 25 Mb/s for 4K.

I don't know the exact name of the plan please contact 3BBB customer service. At the moment my download is 250mb and upload is 909mb which is strange as usually download is faster... I send photos and videos so I need a reliable connection. I dont use a VPN.