Dongtan Beach Traffic Jam

ASEAN NOW News

The sun came out this Sunday, and so did the masses to enjoy the beach along at Dongtan yesterday.

However as this was one of the first busy weekends for a longtime, it actually created quite a traffic jam, which is likely to get worse.

IMG_20211010_173740.thumb.jpg.a9b517f892fbcb55f9e1f76d5dfb4acd.jpg

traffic jam 

Town hall have allowed cars to park along this beautiful stretch from Jomtien right up to Pratamnak Soi 5, to encourage people to use the beach.

IMG_20211010_173743.thumb.jpg.eb5e89a243f87e19e5c06221c2143a1b.jpg

Stalemate 

Problem is as the parked cars take up space it now leaves no space for cars to pass both ways.

As my photos show at around 5pm last night cars were trying to go both ways and got stuck by the Volleyball pitches.

Needs to be one way!

Unless Town Hall makes this a one-way road soon, this will only get worse as Covid slows down, the weather improves, and the crowds return.

I am not suggesting they to stop traffic completely, but it is no fun for pedestrians having to breathe in the fumes.

IMG_20211010_174733.thumb.jpg.19acde6a7b5b915ff43628e98d9885de.jpg

It is still a great place to take in the sunsets!

• Like 1

So these were Bangkok drivers stuck in a traffic jam..... they ought to be used to it!

Imagine lazing on the beach there and the ghetto blaster truck comes though complete with 'look at me'  Mr smallone and his 400W of audio.... 

Edited by jacko45k

2 hours ago, morrobay said:

What ever happened to Bang Saen- beach for thais and their motorbikes and cars. All this parking lot /traffic is getting out of hand. Taking the environment to ruin. 

It always brings a smile to my face when farangs get xenophobic while living in Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bbko said:

It always brings a smile to my face when farangs get xenophobic while living in Thailand. 

A farang lecturing thais how to park in jomtien sounds about right. pretty much every thread on here turns anti thai and xenophobic. But the same posters turn very delicate and sensative when tables are turned. 

BWAA they don't want us here ????

Edited by madmen

The entire length of Jomtien beach road has wide walk similar to Pattaya. But this section, the sidewalk narrows and with lamp posts in the middle, there's a pedestrian traffic jam at times. So people walk on the road. Dodging cars and scooters while scooters zip around/between cars. No posted speed limit so if traffic is light, it's a raceway. 

On 10/11/2021 at 9:55 AM, Joe Farang said:

Good God. I Lived in Jomtien 2009 to 2011 and that was a lovely place to walk. Nice and quiet with no traffic. They have ruined it opening it up to traffic.

When was this roadway opened up?

Couple of years ago they removed a bunch of big trees, widened the walk/road and opened traffic from Jomtien 1 to Pratumnak soi 5.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fujionrye said:

Couple of years ago they removed a bunch of big trees, widened the walk/road and opened traffic from Jomtien 1 to Pratumnak soi 5.  

I thought it was time limited? Anyhow the parking aspect came about last year to improve tourist numbers when Covid decimated them.