Phuket reopening to domestic tourists comes as a consensus, says Governor

webfact

1634094694_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew. Photo: PR Dept

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has assured that the decision to reopen the island this Saturday (Oct 16) to vaccinated arrivals without needing to undergo COVID tests was reached by consensus among many segments of the Phuket community.

Governor Narong also assured that the decision made by the Phuket Provincial Communicable Disease Committee also came with the proviso that the COVID situation is continually monitored.

“This is to relax measures with continuous assessment of the situation according to the process of driving problem solving in all aspects of public health, the economy, tourism and social sectors, by consulting and receiving opinions from all concerned parties, along with the steady progress of the Phuket Sandbox project,” Governor Narong said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-reopening-to-domestic-tourists-comes-as-a-consensus-says-governor-81690.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-10-13

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shuya said:

Yeah makes sense, don't test vaccinated local arrivals and test vaccinated non-local arrival. Everybody knows the local Thai vaccines are way superior to the other brands that qualify for the COE.

continue to defend against the dirty Farang........

17 hours ago, Shuya said:

Yeah makes sense, don't test vaccinated local arrivals and test vaccinated non-local arrival. Everybody knows the local Thai vaccines are way superior to the other brands that qualify for the COE.

You are right it doesn't make sense, but then again a lot of covid-19 policies around the world do not make sense either. Example: if I arrive from Thailand to my EU country, double-vaccinated, double-negative, I have to self-isolate for 10 days. My countrymen who decided to refuse vaccination are free to walk around as they please, take a train, shop in a supermarket, all without tests and without distancing.
Let's not even mention what goes on in the US.

These policies are the product of conflicting interests of attracting business, limiting infections, appealing to the voters, and keeping the covid industry busy. A shame, but not unique to Thailand. As for superiority of a vaccine over another, it's mostly politics. They don't want Sinovac in Europe, they don't want AZ & co in China.