Thailand reports 11,276 new COVID-19 cases and 112 deaths

webfact

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

“if it brings in directly and indirectly more than 200 million baht to the Phuket andThai economy the numbers make sense.”

See the word “more “ As in a profit on layout. 

Hope it makes sense now. 

I am sorry but whichever way you cut it, in the present climate, do you honestly think this money should be wasted on 2 people when there are far more important things to use this money for? And do you honestly think that this exercise will recoup the money or exceed it??

5 minutes ago, worrab said:

I am sorry but whichever way you cut it, in the present climate, do you honestly think this money should be wasted on 2 people when there are far more important things to use this money for? And do you honestly think that this exercise will recoup the money or exceed it??

Pattaya is after her too but they are more sensible and making it budget dependent. 

“However, it depends on the budget and the negotiation with Lisa’s team and agency. We are still waiting for final confirmation and working with Lisa’s agency and the TAT,

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, worrab said:

Is that your admission that you were wrong?

Yes on all counts. But I understand why some on here wouldnt. They seem to struggle with numbers on a daily basis. 

• Confused 2

44 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

If you change the 'will' to 'could' then I would say 'Yes'.

Have you ever seen this billboard? Ever buy a BlackPink/LaLisa branded Pepsi can?

EoX2qhxUwAEtGpk.jpg

download.jpg

s-l400.jpg

I personally think it is too early to predict which way this Covid is going to go. Yes, it would be great if everything can open up and boost the economy. But with all the hoops that are still required at the present time, how many tourists are going to come and swell the numbers? Is the "Countdown" going to be safe to go forward with? There are soooo many unanswered questions and variables to warrant this expenditure. Any other year and I would totally agree with you but........ And it must be remembered that, as is the norm in entertainment, then a large booking fee will be negotiated which is non refundable. 

9 minutes ago, worrab said:

I personally think it is too early to predict which way this Covid is going to go. Yes, it would be great if everything can open up and boost the economy. But with all the hoops that are still required at the present time, how many tourists are going to come and swell the numbers? Is the "Countdown" going to be safe to go forward with? There are soooo many unanswered questions and variables to warrant this expenditure. Any other year and I would totally agree with you but........ And it must be remembered that, as is the norm in entertainment, then a large booking fee will be negotiated which is non refundable. 

They are looking I guess for a big splash. Maybe it will work & maybe not. Not your call and not mine. I don't know about A_Bocelli but K-Pop and Lalisa fans are crazy.

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

If you change the 'will' to 'could' then I would say 'Yes'.

Have you ever seen this billboard? Ever buy a BlackPink/LaLisa branded Pepsi can?

EoX2qhxUwAEtGpk.jpg

download.jpg

s-l400.jpg

Great if you’re into k pop and even better if you’re Thai to have a member that is in Black Pink playing. The local teens and kids in Phuket will be thrilled. 

That’s a big chunk of money to spend for locals and domestic tourists. I think some research should be done first on the target market countries. I don’t think there will be droves of screaming teens coming from the UK to see her however, the group only ever had one top ten album hit there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your wing up the elevators at Central World was the only place not filled with people yesterday. We went up to see a friend on the 15th floor.  Hope the MOE gets moving for school openings. The GF's daughter did her entire first term online.

Next time you should pop in and say hello! ???? 

• Thanks 1

According to the BP the event is being coordinated by a Thai agency with a total budget of 400-500 mullion baht. They are planning a big bash after the last 2 New year Countdowns have been cancelled. I don't know about Mr. Bocelli -- LaLisa may be home for the holidays anyway.

But maybe they all those involved will read the salient advice on these pages and think twice.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Just like a sporting or any other big event, if it brings in directly and indirectly more than 200 million baht to the Phuket and Thai economy the numbers make sense.

The problem isn't what it will bring into the Thai economy, the issue is whether or not YG entertainment, who basically owns her will let her do the gig and how much money they will request for allowing her to perform.  She, herself, does not have the ability to just go off and do what she wants with who she wants, they (YG) entertainment basically own her and if they allowed her to would probably take the Lions Share of the money.  YG will never let something occur that could damage their brand and image.  As of yesterday they told fans that the group BlackPink and LaLisa could not accept gifts from the fans or the pubic.  So no matter how much economic sense it makes, the issue is whether or not, and with the Covid restrictions and cases they (YG) would allow it.  Now Bocelli, no issues there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The problem isn't what it will bring into the Thai economy, the issue is whether or not YG entertainment, who basically owns her will let her do the gig and how much money they will request for allowing her to perform.  She, herself, does not have the ability to just go off and do what she wants with who she wants, they (YG) entertainment basically own her and if they allowed her to would probably take the Lions Share of the money.  YG will never let something occur that could damage their brand and image.  As of yesterday they told fans that the group BlackPink and LaLisa could not accept gifts from the fans or the pubic.  So no matter how much economic sense it makes, the issue is whether or not, and with the Covid restrictions and cases they (YG) would allow it.  Now Bocelli, no issues there.

So up to YG. Are you suggesting the Thai agency event coordinator referenced in the BP does not know that?

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

But maybe they all will read the salient advice on these pages and think twice.

No need for the sarcasm, which is the lowest form of wit!! Just making observations which is what this Forum is all about.

Yes, we all accept the last 2 Countdowns have been cancelled and it would be great to see something like this happening to show some form of normalcy back again. But that is a helluva lot of money that could go to better causes than satisfying the egos of a select few. Just seems a tad rushed to me. But as you said before, it is their call after all.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MOSCOW, Oct 14 (Reuters) - Russia will lift its COVID-19 ban on flights to countries including Tunisia, Thailand, the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Iran, Slovenia, and Oman from Nov. 9, the government coronavirus task force said on Thursday.

https://news.trust.org/item/20211014101359-grrxv/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

More confirmation this is only a partial re-opening, hope nobody bought their tickets yesterday after Thai Airways announcement without waiting for the real details to emerge.

The CCSA are planning to re-open only 15 provinces between 1-30 November as a test and not the whole country. Decision expected to be announced soon

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1448555855587078155

But, but the PM said tourists would be able to move around the country like the Thai population can.

21 minutes ago, worrab said:

No need for the sarcasm, which is the lowest form of wit!! Just making observations which is what this Forum is all about.

Actually it is the pun that is the lowest for of wit but I don't believe calling plans as proposed as "insanity" is just making an observation.

https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/what-primary-source-quote-pun-lowest-tipe-wit-how-60401

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Actually it is the pun that is the lowest for of wit but I don't believe calling plans as proposed "insane" is just making an observation.

https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/what-primary-source-quote-pun-lowest-tipe-wit-how-60401

If you are going to rely on random quotes from a bygone era as the sole tenet of your argument, at least make sure you get the full quote right. It isn’t “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit”, it’s “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit… but the highest form of intelligence.”

If the second half of the quote didn’t give it away, the fact that it’s from Oscar Wilde, well-known witticist from times gone by, should give you a clue. There’s a pretty good chance that Oscar was being sarcastic when he said it.

Is sarcasm really the lowest form of wit? | pigfender

Nobody as far as I can see has called the plans "insane". All are just making observations about the proposed plans and questioning if they have really been thought out in the present climate.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, anchadian said:

MOSCOW, Oct 14 (Reuters) - Russia will lift its COVID-19 ban on flights to countries including Tunisia, Thailand, the Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Iran, Slovenia, and Oman from Nov. 9, the government coronavirus task force said on Thursday.

https://news.trust.org/item/20211014101359-grrxv/

Looks like the world might be waking up from the international travel slumber Covid put it in.

32 minutes ago, worrab said:

If you are going to rely on random quotes from a bygone era as the sole tenet of your argument, at least make sure you get the full quote right. It isn’t “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit”, it’s “Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit… but the highest form of intelligence.”

If the second half of the quote didn’t give it away, the fact that it’s from Oscar Wilde, well-known witticist from times gone by, should give you a clue. There’s a pretty good chance that Oscar was being sarcastic when he said it.

Is sarcasm really the lowest form of wit? | pigfender

Nobody as far as I can see has called the plans "insane". All are just making observations about the proposed plans and questioning if they have really been thought out in the present climate.  

The present climate in Thailand being that they open mouth and insert foot before thinking about what they are sometimes saying. Again just my view.

• Like 2

Visited my local Pharmacist tonight to pick up a few ATK tests to have on hand since she was just delivered her allotment.  The ones I picked up are Distributed by Roche Laboratory and Manufactured by SD BIOSENSOR, each one ran 300Thb.  We will use them next week before we head down south for a visit.  The only thing with these kits is their is no mailer with them, although there is a multi language instruction sheet in 4 Languages with English being the first one.  I asked her who we notify if we had a positive test and she gave me the Thai instruction sheet she gives to Thai's that had the number to call for directions.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

One 3 month old baby was the victim of covid yesterday, no underlying disease.

60 males, 52 females, Thai(107), Myanmar(4), Cambodia(1)
• Median age 67 years (0.3 – 93 years)
• Median (known infection-death) 13 days (up to 45 days)

27 had chronic disease (24%)

https://media.thaigov.go.th/uploads/public_img/source/141064.pdf

data 14 oct 5.png

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

According to Daily News, there are 38 countries being considered for the reopening plan: (1) 24 EU countries (2) 5 Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden) (3) Israel, Switzerland, UAE, UK, US, India, Japan, South Korea and Qatar

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1448637393242705924

• Like 1