Are Wise transfers still doable in 6 seconds?

Do all Wise transfers to Thailand take a day now? I am normally sending inside 6 seconds during Thai bank hours in the past using KBank but another thread mentions some change in routing? Whats the situation now with KBank and other banks?

I don't care about the funds being tagged as from aboard so much if that matters at all, more the time taken.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Mine was Kbank, delayed a day. Cancelled tx and tried next day today, they said Monday arrival.

One thing I noticed when I logged in to make transfer on a PC at first, they went to some extra authentication to prove it was really me asking me to confirm by logging onto my mobile phone app also. Then they allowed the process to continue, but said it will take a working bank day. Maybe extra some checks going on the background? Been using same PC, mobile phone and bank accounts for two years every month when it normally takes 6 seconds.

9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Funny you should mention this @Hamus Yaigh. Just this morning, for the first ever, I received a Wise transfer into my Krungsri account in just 20 seconds!

It's taken me many months to figure out why I wasn't getting instant transfers. Whilst many folks where reporting that they were. I was still getting mine at dither rate, usually 4 to 5 hours.

But I think I have finally cracked the secret. It seems to be the 'reason for transfer' that makes the difference. I have always been using 'Funds for long term stay in Thailand', (or something like that) for no other reason than that's what they are for.

I have read recently that this choice came into being to facilitate those who felt that they must have FTT coding's in their account book to satisfy immigration. I don't need these codes, but I was selecting that reason anyway without it occurring to me that it would make any difference.

But seems that it does. This morning I broke with that habit and chose 'household expenses' instead. And boom! 20 secs later an SMS from Krungsri told me that the funds had arrived.

I'm not going try and explain the whys and wherefores. All I'll say is this, if you don't need or can't get NFF codes, don't select 'Funds for long term stay in Thailand' and you should get an instant transfer.

This has been discussed ad nauseum in other posts, with the same guesses as to the reasons why some transfers are instant and others take a day.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Well you don't have to read it if it bores you.

I found this thread the most informative, to the point and easy to find the answer to my problem. I wasn't aware of changes to the REASON fro trasfer causing delays since I last used the service 10 days ago. So thank you @Moonlover for explaining. I tried what you said, canceled by trasnfer and resent with another REASON and it arrived in 6 seconds at KBank.

I DO have to read it before I know it is boring, or something which has been said before.

Moonlover said that HE had finally cracked it, with an explanation which has been suggested over & over again, that fro trasfers, or is it trasnfer, take longer if 'long term' is the reason.

And as I have suggested, if you need an instant transfer, send it the day before.

• Sad 4

23 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I have read recently that this choice came into being to facilitate those who felt that they must have FTT coding's in their account book to satisfy immigration

Those of us did not FEEL we needed FTT coding, we KNEW we needed it in order to satisfy Immigration's requirements.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

That's just about the most ridiculous comment I've ever read on this topic!

I know, I forgot the LOL & 555!

But it is true. If you know you'll need money on say Thursday, send it on Wednesday instead of leaving it until Thursday morning and hoping.

2 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Well you don't have to read it if it bores you.

I found this thread the most informative, to the point and easy to find the answer to my problem. I wasn't aware of changes to the REASON fro trasfer causing delays since I last used the service 10 days ago. So thank you @Moonlover for explaining. I tried what you said, canceled by trasnfer and resent with another REASON and it arrived in 6 seconds at KBank.

Hey thanks for that. It was great to get some confirmation so quickly for what was, until this morning only a theory.

The next test will be to see if it still works on weekends and public holidays. As it worked for me outside of normal working hours of both here and the UK, it just might.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KannikaP said:

But it is true. If you know you'll need money on say Thursday, send it on Wednesday instead of leaving it until Thursday morning and hoping.

I use Wise to transfer my pension payments from the UK into my Krungsri account. I'd have some difficulty in persuading my pension provider to let me have it a day early wouldn't I!

If my theory is correct, and I'm sure that it is, this could mean we can transfer money from the UK even during public holidays. It's often been the case that my transfer has been held up because of this, particularly during Songkran.

Here's hoping.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I use Wise to transfer my pension payments from the UK into my Krungsri account. I'd have some difficulty in persuading my pension provider to let me have it a day early wouldn't I!

If my theory is correct, and I'm sure that it is, this could mean we can transfer money from the UK even during public holidays. It's often been the case that my transfer has been held up because of this, particularly during Songkran.

Here's hoping.

Luckily, no not luckily because I planned it this way, I do not rely on my monthly pension being needed in that month, I have a few quid saved up in reserve.

And the Thai bank holidays can be seen in many calendars etc, so you plan around them.

20 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Funny you should mention this @Hamus Yaigh. Just this morning, for the first ever, I received a Wise transfer into my Krungsri account in just 20 seconds!

It's taken me many months to figure out why I wasn't getting instant transfers. Whilst many folks where reporting that they were. I was still getting mine at dither rate, usually 4 to 5 hours.

But I think I have finally cracked the secret. It seems to be the 'reason for transfer' that makes the difference. I have always been using 'Funds for long term stay in Thailand', (or something like that) for no other reason than that's what they are for.

I have read recently that this choice came into being to facilitate those who felt that they must have FTT coding's in their account book to satisfy immigration. I don't need these codes, but I was selecting that reason anyway without it occurring to me that it would make any difference.

But seems that it does. This morning I broke with that habit and chose 'household expenses' instead. And boom! 20 secs later an SMS from Krungsri told me that the funds had arrived.

I'm not going try and explain the whys and wherefores. All I'll say is this, if you don't need or can't get NFF codes, don't select 'Funds for long term stay in Thailand' and you should get an instant transfer.

I sent some money, via Wise, to my Krungsri account on 11 October, with the reason for transfer as Funds for long term stay in Thailand - virtually instantaneous.

24 minutes ago, ClaytonSeymour said:

I sent some money, via Wise, to my Krungsri account on 11 October, with the reason for transfer as Funds for long term stay in Thailand - virtually instantaneous.

Coded as International or not?

16 minutes ago, ClaytonSeymour said:

Maybe I'm over thinking this. I do recall that Krungsri was down for a system upgrade over the W/E of 18/19 Sep and my transfer of the the 15th Oct was the 1st one since that upgrade.

That might have some bearing, but there's no doubt that something has changed.

The plot thickens.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:
4 hours ago, ClaytonSeymour said:

Maybe I'm over thinking this.

I think you could be on to something. Your suggestion helped me with KBank yesterday. I needed some money for wife on the day, not next Monday so changing reason for transfer fixed it on the day inside 6 seconds.  I also did the same transfer on 1-Oct using the old reason 'Long term stay in Thailand' and it went in seconds. So maybe something has changed since before 15-Oct? Will see on my next attempt at the end of month.

6 hours ago, Moonlover said:

this could mean we can transfer money from the UK even during public holidays.

In my case I have found Wise to bank transfers to KBank in the past only happened in 6 seconds during Thai banking hours, else Wise would say next bank day was due date.

Edited by WorriedNoodle
  • Like 1

Wise transfer HSBC Singapore to Krungsri this morning took a couple of seconds, SMS from HSBC saying money gone and SMS from Krungsri saying money arrived came one after the other 'ping-ping'. Meanwhile the Wise app was still saying waiting for the money, money moved so fast Wise couldn't keep up.

9 hours ago, ClaytonSeymour said:

I have just looked & no, it’s not coded as international but, isn’t this always the case with Krungsri, who aren’t a Wise partner bank?

Yes, so no good for Immigration without a Credit Advice from the Partner Bank if that is needed.

On 10/16/2021 at 6:30 AM, KannikaP said:

Coded as International or not?

I have just looked & no, it’s not coded as international but, isn’t this always the case with Krungsri, who aren’t a Wise partner bank?

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Yes, so no good for Immigration without a Credit Advice from the Partner Bank if that is needed.

Well that’s true however, based on the original posters comments, isn’t this thread about speed of transfer, rather than meeting immigration requirements?

• Like 1